frog stealer

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Hello to all, this is my first post, what a great site! I'm in the very early stages of planning a plains game safari, and of all the outfitter websites I've been to so far, Africa Sky seems to be the best. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Any reviews or info would be great! Thanks!

In 2011 I stayed at Afton House which was fine but their only evening meal was an over priced, over cooked tough steak. Last month I stay at Africasky, their rooms were nicer, their evening meal menu more varied and the food was better. Order the lemon cheesecake with the vanilla ice cream, you will not regret it.

I have heard some great things too, was a little pricey...so are all good things.

In 2011 I stayed at Afton House which was fine but their only evening meal was an over priced, over cooked tough steak. Last month I stay at Africasky, their rooms were nicer, their evening meal menu more varied and the food was better. Order the lemon cheesecake with the vanilla ice cream, you will not regret it.

I guess he is refering to an outfit and not the guesthouse ! I am sorry do not have any info ! Hennie du Toit seems to be a PHASA ( Proffesional Hunters Asssociation of South Africa) . You can contact them for a reference as well ! Good luck in your research ! Happy Hunting !

Don't have any info on the Outfit But wanted to Welcome You to AH frog stealer. Good luck with your planning.

welcome to the site. Lots of info and experience to draw from here.

I hunted with African Sky in July 2011 in RSA - if this is the same crowd out of Pretoria, then they may not be the cheapest, but they are certianly worth it.

I have no recommendation better than to confirm I have booked my second safari in ZIM & RSA with African Sky in July 2013, and are absolutely confident it will be fantastic.

If your PH is a chap called Hennie de Toit, then you are in for an excellent hunt indeed - top bloke.

Ado.

Thanks Ado, for the reference, and thanks to all others for the kind words! It is very beneficial to get first hand reviews before booking!

Frog good luck on your hunt. I am sure it will be a blast. I have never hunted with African Sky as an outfitter and can't speak for them, but I can speak from personal experience about the PH Zirk Roeloffse if you draw him. Zirk was my first PH in Africa in 2005 and I can't say enough nice things about him. Zirk is a pleasant person and an excellent judge of animals and strategies for getting you a shot. He communicates well and is very honest. You can trust your hunt to his capable hands. two thumbs up and 5 stars.

Frog good luck on your hunt. I am sure it will be a blast. I have never hunted with African Sky as an outfitter and can't speak for them, but I can speak from personal experience about the PH Zirk Roeloffse if you draw him. Zirk was my first PH in Africa in 2005 and I can't say enough nice things about him. Zirk is a pleasant person and an excellent judge of animals and strategies for getting you a shot. He communicates well and is very honest. You can trust your hunt to his capable hands. two thumbs up and 5 stars.

I hunted with Zirk in 2006 when he was contracting as a PH and yes, he was great in the field. To my knowledge he left African Sky earlier this year however he may still be contracting to them.

I have known Riaan Viljoen who runs African Sky since 2004 and we always use Riaan and his team to organise any photographic tours while over there. It's always one of his guides and a 4x4 with my wife and I (and kids if they come along). Great guides, very knowledgeable, totally customized to see what we want to see, stay where we want to stay. We'll continue to use Riaan for years to come.

Hello to all, this is my first post, what a great site! I'm in the very early stages of planning a plains game safari, and of all the outfitter websites I've been to so far, Africa Sky seems to be the best. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Any reviews or info would be great! Thanks!

Is the hunt in RSA or somewhere else?

Eventually I get there. I was discussing the Africasky Guest House, not the Safaris service. Sorry about the mistake.

Good Luck with your hunt pls keep us posted and give us some feedback

Frog stealer I don't know when your planning your trip but you may want to go to the DSC Convention 3-6 Jan. in Dallas Texas or the SCI Convention in Reno Nevada. A bunch of us always meet up there each year and you can meet the outfitters first hand it would only be a short flight to either from your neck of the woods. Bob

Hunted with African Sky last June 2011 with my brother, father, grandfather and a couple others. First time in Africa, and it was amazing. Zirk is so intelligent, and absolutely hilarious! He seems to know everything about everything, and is a real pleasure to be around. Franz and Pieter were a couple other PH's that were with us, and every one was fantastic. Zirk does still (I believe) contract with African Sky, but he has started his own outfitter as well.

African Sky handled everything very well. Picked us up from the airport hotel we stayed at, because we got in really late. Took us out to the lodge the next morning, and managed themselves and their crew very well. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Feel free to ask any questions. I did a hunt report as well, upon our return.
http://www.africahunting.com/south-...019-limpopo-plains-game-hunt-african-sky.html

Not only was the hunt and the hunters great, but Riaan, the head honcho at African Sky, was very accommodating and helpful with every little question we had prior to arriving. We spent a couple of hours with him in his home at the end of the hunt, he took us to lunch and shared stories. Would definitely recommend to any hunters in RSA.

I hunted with african sky in 09 going back december this year. Zirk was our PH contact him at his own website zahuntingsafaris.co.za you will not be dissapointed with his service. I now consider zirk as a friend not just a PH service provider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg