P1010122.jpg
P1010126.jpg
P1010127.jpg
P1010128.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful!

Great looking rifle

Nice Pig for a gun rack.

I liked the way you put the pictures in for the close up view...

How did you do that?

Nice gun! Huge boar!

great pictures:rolleyes:

Holy smokes! What a beautiful rifle. Great looking boar as well. That fellow in the first picture looks a little rough though:)

Holy smokes! What a beautiful rifle. Great looking boar as well. That fellow in the first picture looks a little rough though:)

jaustin i take it you have never partaken of the local hungarian firewater then? :loopy:juice

Cracking Boar, Spike, well done.

Damn nice looking double too !

How bout some details ?

Was it spot 'n stalk, driven hunt etc what projectiles are you using ? did you need both pipes ?

Congrats,

Paul.

Pretty gun spike!

You needed all that gun to get through the mud.

Gorgeous wood and metal work. It should be a favourite.

Cracking Boar, Spike, well done.

Damn nice looking double too !

How bout some details ?

Was it spot 'n stalk, driven hunt etc what projectiles are you using ? did you need both pipes ?

Congrats,

Paul.

hi paul it was on a 2 day driven shoot. i shot 21 boar but after other shoots where i shot a single boar in the last 5 mins of the last drive after standing in freezing rain for 2 days, i wasnt going to complain about being in the hot seat on every drive! we had 6 boar included in the shoot price but i decided to worry about the extra fees later!! i use rws 293gr tug ammunition, i think its called uniclassic now as rws make their own version and dont use brenneke manufactured bullets anymore. it shoots perfectly in this rifle. as far as i can remember this was 1 shot, but not 100percent on that. paul roberts built the rifle when he had permission to use the jeffery name. it was built to show and try to sell for one of the big german hunting shows but luckily for me it didnt sell. i saw it in pauls showroom and had a play with it and was tempted, but persuaded myself i didnt need another double in that calibre. just before i flew to tanzania with somebody i had booked a hunt for, i went to pauls to have a look and the rifle was still there, as i was looking at it the salesman said do you know that it has a set of 20 bore barrels as well. this i liked. i had to leave for the airport, and then spent the next 12 days kicking myself for not saying there and then i would have it. after worrying it would be sold before i got back , the first thing i did was phone paul and well it was mine. it fits me as if made for me, and is on a scaled down action, thats why it looks slender and in proportion in the photos. its at pauls at the moment and i have asked him to email me some photos in its case and closer up ones. i am not saying it because its mine , but it is the nicest little double rifle i have seen, and others who have held it seem to be very reluctant to give it back!! i have just been told someone wants to buy it for big bucks, but if i could only keep one of my hunting rifles this would be the one, so he is out of luck! sorry to bore you with the whole love story :biggrin2:

Beautiful gun, great boar !

hi paul it was on a 2 day driven shoot. i shot 21 boar but after other shoots where i shot a single boar in the last 5 mins of the last drive after standing in freezing rain for 2 days, i wasnt going to complain about being in the hot seat on every drive! we had 6 boar included in the shoot price but i decided to worry about the extra fees later!! i use rws 293gr tug ammunition, i think its called uniclassic now as rws make their own version and dont use brenneke manufactured bullets anymore. it shoots perfectly in this rifle. as far as i can remember this was 1 shot, but not 100percent on that. paul roberts built the rifle when he had permission to use the jeffery name. it was built to show and try to sell for one of the big german hunting shows but luckily for me it didnt sell. i saw it in pauls showroom and had a play with it and was tempted, but persuaded myself i didnt need another double in that calibre. just before i flew to tanzania with somebody i had booked a hunt for, i went to pauls to have a look and the rifle was still there, as i was looking at it the salesman said do you know that it has a set of 20 bore barrels as well. this i liked. i had to leave for the airport, and then spent the next 12 days kicking myself for not saying there and then i would have it. after worrying it would be sold before i got back , the first thing i did was phone paul and well it was mine. it fits me as if made for me, and is on a scaled down action, thats why it looks slender and in proportion in the photos. its at pauls at the moment and i have asked him to email me some photos in its case and closer up ones. i am not saying it because its mine , but it is the nicest little double rifle i have seen, and others who have held it seem to be very reluctant to give it back!! i have just been told someone wants to buy it for big bucks, but if i could only keep one of my hunting rifles this would be the one, so he is out of luck! sorry to bore you with the whole love story :biggrin2:

Spike,
Interesting history, I appreciate you sharing this backround with us. It shows that at times our firearms can be more than tools. They can weave their way into our lives and become part of our character, as this one appears to have do so in your case, almost a talisman.

An absolutley stunning looking double, if it shoots half as well as it looks you'd be mad to ever part with it.

It would look stunning draped across the horns of one of our great Asiatic buffalo !!!!!!!!

Congrats again and best wishes for continued successful hunting,

Paul.

Good Pics!

Is that rifle a rebored 360NE?

no i think it was finished 2004, and was 9.3x74r from the beginning. a lot of the older english doubles in the medium to smaller calibres tend to be heavy as they are on the same actions as the 470s etc, so lots of metal. this weighs a little bit over 8lbs.

Spike,
Interesting history, I appreciate you sharing this backround with us. It shows that at times our firearms can be more than tools. They can weave their way into our lives and become part of our character, as this one appears to have do so in your case, almost a talisman.

An absolutley stunning looking double, if it shoots half as well as it looks you'd be mad to ever part with it.

It would look stunning draped across the horns of one of our great Asiatic buffalo !!!!!!!!

Congrats again and best wishes for continued successful hunting,

Paul.

thanks paul, and it shoots as well if not better than it looks. i agree about it looking good on one of your buff. i have checked your website and hopefully in a couple of years if the economy picks up we will give it a go.

Nice love that wood, Nice pig as well.

Many of the older rifles that started life as 360 NE's were converted to 9.3X74R. They'll be the right weight and balance even after the conversion.

I've never seen any that were built of oversized actions, but it could happen I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg