AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI , PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
We had a great season and wanted to share some photos of the Free range Ranch Kudu's we hunted here in the Eastern Cape.
We have some big low fence conservancies surrounding us. These are regular ranches that have set up conservancies with the department of environmental affairs to allow them to hunt a quota of animals on their properties at any time apposed to only during the traditional hunting season.

Some of these properties have been hunted by us exclusively . We have only tried to take off old bulls and leave sometimes bigger but younger bulls to breed.
The proof is in the pudding.

Attachments

• IMG_8878.jpg
    IMG_8878.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC08225.jpg
    DSC08225.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some very nice trophies and it appears that the clients were happy with what they obtained.

Thank you for sharing

Keep managing the off take and it will just get better.

Some nice bulls Dave.

I really like several of the "straight up" bulls. Kudu are one of the few animals that I personally like with less width. Just my personal preference.

Some nice bulls Dave.

I really like several of the "straight up" bulls. Kudu are one of the few animals that I personally like with less width. Just my personal preference.

Great bulls. I think kudu should always be taken in pairs ... one wide and one tall. They really frame a trophy room!

Thanks guys. Appreciate the positive feed back. Building good areas takes time. It's good to look back and see that it's starting to pay off.
Regards
Dave

Dave I notice that several of these bulls have exceptionally black faces.
Is this characteristic something unique to certain areas of the East Cape?

Yes definately. The eastern cape is well known for its chocolate colored Eastern Cape Kudu and Cape Bushbuck also very dark chocolate in color

Are those cape kudu's or greater?

Are those cape kudu's or greater?
Eastern cape Kudu. Strictly speaking its a kudu but vegetation etc has made them a dark chocolate color and they don't reach the same size as their northern cousins . Bronze medal starts at 40 Silver at 44 and gold starts at 46" some of the biggest bulls we've taken are 50 -52" with 1-2 locals getting 54"-55"bulls over the last 15yrs.

Nice bulls Dave!

Eastern cape Kudu. Strictly speaking its a kudu but vegetation etc has made them a dark chocolate color and they don't reach the same size as their northern cousins . Bronze medal starts at 40 Silver at 44 and gold starts at 46" some of the biggest bulls we've taken are 50 -52" with 1-2 locals getting 54"-55"bulls over the last 15yrs.
SAME DNA as the Northern variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg