So I just told my wife.....

I agree with Brad, I like that idea Phil, pick up right from the factory! Let us know how that goes

I have a sign over my safe that says, "My greatest fear is that my wife will someday sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them"....hhhmmmmm is probably the best response.

How the hospital food?

@TMS,

I told Nancy about this and she says you're wrong. Only go to go hospital for buying double without asking. :E Shrug: :V Butt Kick::V Spank::V Chair:

Then she said that the double would just cost, well, double. :E Shocked::E Wow:

I shod this thread to my fiancee and she didn't get it. I then explained the joke, how much double rifles cost, their value, etc etc. She didn't find it funny and just gave me a look.

I showed her some pics of the engraving, wood working, still trying to justify this.

She then goes now that I know what they look like, when I see you come home with one, I will go ahead an order the purse/shoes that I want...

If I had just kept my mouth shut I could have avoided the wife tax.

I shod this thread to my fiancee and she didn't get it. I then explained the joke, how much double rifles cost, their value, etc etc. She didn't find it funny and just gave me a look.

I showed her some pics of the engraving, wood working, still trying to justify this.

She then goes now that I know what they look like, when I see you come home with one, I will go ahead an order the purse/shoes that I want...

Purse/shoes in exchange for a double, you better run out now and get that DR before the price goes up, that's durn cheap!

@PHOENIX PHIL not the purses she is looking at...she bought one at the Louis V store that required a cities permit due to it having Python.... I can't make this up.

My wife was with me at DSC a couple of years ago, and ironically met Phil that trip, when I held a left hand Heym. She said I should buy it.

I didn't fall for it. I knew what she was up to as she had been eyeing fur earlier that day!

Tell her you will be happy to get her the purse and shoes. They will be made out of elephant leather and you will supply the leather.;)

purse.JPG

Phil If throwing me under the bus;) will get you a double. I'll take one for the team. Besides I have a full tool box and will just part the bus out and buy myself another double.(y) You still need to come on down my way for a range session

@Wheels now that is a plan! And to make the purse I would need the proper tools, and a 470NE or even a 500NE would seem to do the trick.

My wife's Achilles heal is the Louis Vuitton.... So it is a bit of a tennis match.... Purse... Gun...purse... Gun.... Vacay mixed it. Problem arises when you have an 8 year old diva that wants whatever mommy has!!!!!!

Yep Wheels, that sounds great. Probably work about as good as that earlier thread about getting a sable for a coat....and I have seen the price tags on those red bottom shoes, Phil. You will never win on a trade-off.

So Phil, I see that the curse of the twin tubes has you firmly in its grasp.

I totally get your apprehension.
If you're going to do it, you may as well do it right from the beginning, and if that means a VC then it is certainly not an insignificant purchase, but certainly well worth while in terms of the quality of the product you receive.

You just want to be sure that it is right for you.
As you know, personally I did not make the transition to shooting a double as easily as I thought it was going to be, and never in a million years could I hope to replicate the efficiency I can produce when armed with a bolt-gun and had to therefore admit that I simply wasn't going to be an effective double rifle shooter.

There's a big difference between being able to hit a target and to being truly efficient with a firearm, especially so in DG circumstances.
In those circumstances I had to admit to myself that i am way more efficient with a magazine bolt-gun, despite the nostalgia and pride of ownership of a double.

Best of luck with your purchase, talk to Jerome in detail and also speak to other experienced double shooters about getting your fit correct.

Okay, new plan.

I schedule a surprise vacation to France, no kids. That'll soften her up in a big way just to start. After a week or so of touring the countryside and fabulous French cooking, we take a tour of one of the many vineyards/wineries. After a great lunch and a few tastings with a bottle or two purchased, we just accidentally come across the Verney-Carron factory....... she'll be helpless......she won't possibly be able to say no to me ordering a DR!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_j4eDuNfLAhUC3mMKHcfwDTwQjRwIBw&url=http://www.memes.com/img/592884&psig=AFQjCNHVK9Wdlh0aHA2_lBL-udR8FHaGHA&ust=1458844128324305

@PHOENIX PHIL great plan- I was thinking the same thing myself! We'll get stationed in Germany, then take a romantic long weekend through the french countryside, with a convenient stop at a charming little factory....

@PHOENIX PHIL not the purses she is looking at...she bought one at the Louis V store that required a cities permit due to it having Python.... I can't make this up.

LOL, now that's a classic line regarding cites/purse.....holy crap I just looked up what those things go for!

So Phil, I see that the curse of the twin tubes has you firmly in its grasp.

I totally get your apprehension.
If you're going to do it, you may as well do it right from the beginning, and if that means a VC then it is certainly not an insignificant purchase, but certainly well worth while in terms of the quality of the product you receive.

You just want to be sure that it is right for you.
As you know, personally I did not make the transition to shooting a double as easily as I thought it was going to be, and never in a million years could I hope to replicate the efficiency I can produce when armed with a bolt-gun and had to therefore admit that I simply wasn't going to be an effective double rifle shooter.

There's a big difference between being able to hit a target and to being truly efficient with a firearm, especially so in DG circumstances.
In those circumstances I had to admit to myself that i am way more efficient with a magazine bolt-gun, despite the nostalgia and pride of ownership of a double.

Best of luck with your purchase, talk to Jerome in detail and also speak to other experienced double shooters about getting your fit correct.

Just a dream at this point Paul. But sometime around the day we got married I was working hard for a Harley, only took 15 years or so to win her over for that. So I'd better get started now!

Jerome is a nice gent and you can see the passion he has for his product. He took time at SCI to make some measurements. First time I've understood stock fit I must admit. He had me do the trick of bringing the gun up to my cheek with eyes closed and then open my aiming eye to see how the front sight was sitting in respect to the rear. I'm sure there's other considerations too.

Have to go take a buff or two with my short barreled .458 first anyway.

@PHOENIX PHIL great plan- I was thinking the same thing myself! We'll get stationed in Germany, then take a romantic long weekend through the french countryside, with a convenient stop at a charming little factory....

Where are you stationed now?

Twice I have been on the verge of buying a double, then realized I do still love the wife....:S Please:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you