Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
United States, Limpopo South Africa
As many of you know I leave for South Africa in 4 days. I woke up Sunday with the worst back trouble in quite a while so Monday wobble into the Chiropractors office. While he is popping and twisting me the discussion of my hunt comes up. He asks many questions etc., and follows me around in his office talking about my trip. Well yesterday, I get plugged into the electroshock thing, and the young nurse seems rather put out with me. I figured she was having a bad day so I don't say much. Then out of the blue she walks over with another nurse, and asks me why I'm going to Africa. Well, the answer blurted out with as much pride as one can have being electrocuted on a tender back, that I'm going after Cape Buffalo! She looks at me in total disgust in her eyes and says " why would you want to kill an innocent animal?!?!" Well, I said being in total shock, I grew up hunting and Africa is the greatest place on earth to do that. So now feeling totally vulnerable, since she controlled the juice, I tried to explain how hunting is part of conservation, feeds locals who basically would poach without it etc., and she wasn't having it. She thinks what we do is murder. So by now I was rather done with the conversation when she asked me how a person could do that. My answer? Easy dear, you pull the trigger! She walked off and the other nurse, thankfully took over the electricity, said she was ok with it as she doesn't like animals! I laughed and told her I do, which is why I hunt. In any event, I am REALLY hoping nurse #2 is in charge of my next treatment, but it got me thinking of how our young people look at life. If you hunt your the murderer in their minds. If they don't like animals, then it is no big deal. I was raised that we hunt with a deep respect and love for animals. I hunt them because I do love them. I kill clean, and only take mature animals who have already spread their seed. I am not mad at the nurse who doesn't agree, but rather feel bad for her as she is clueless as to what hunting really is. I also feel for the second nurse for the same reason. We as hunters need to find a way of teaching all aspects of hunting to our young and do a better job than I did when confronting anti-hunters. Besides, you never know when an anti-hunter is handling your next electric shock treatment! :Nailbiting::Dead:

I hope shes a vegan and not another damn anti hypocrite that condemns killing while eating a chicken leg.

Just to be clear and within the stereotype.

If she sets you up like this next time you may want to ask for the other nurse.

OneFlew-image2.png

In terms of professional conduct she has no business questioning what you do unless it's related to your treatment. Ask for the second nurse next visit and stick to your guns! No pun intended!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickburn needs to move this topic to the jokes and humor section. Hilarious.... :A Clapping::A Rock:

@Panielsen, I'm one to give second chances but wow I'd have a discussion with the doc over his help about that.

:D:D:D

Lol. My ex-wife worked for a physical therapist. She would bring home the portable electro therapy machine to work on my bad back. She took tremendous pleasure in " turning up the juice". I now have a dislike for that machine.

As many of you know I leave for South Africa in 4 days. I woke up Sunday with the worst back trouble in quite a while so Monday wobble into the Chiropractors office. While he is popping and twisting me the discussion of my hunt comes up. He asks many questions etc., and follows me around in his office talking about my trip. Well yesterday, I get plugged into the electroshock thing, and the young nurse seems rather put out with me. I figured she was having a bad day so I don't say much. Then out of the blue she walks over with another nurse, and asks me why I'm going to Africa. Well, the answer blurted out with as much pride as one can have being electrocuted on a tender back, that I'm going after Cape Buffalo! She looks at me in total disgust in her eyes and says " why would you want to kill an innocent animal?!?!" Well, I said being in total shock, I grew up hunting and Africa is the greatest place on earth to do that. So now feeling totally vulnerable, since she controlled the juice, I tried to explain how hunting is part of conservation, feeds locals who basically would poach without it etc., and she wasn't having it. She thinks what we do is murder. So by now I was rather done with the conversation when she asked me how a person could do that. My answer? Easy dear, you pull the trigger! She walked off and the other nurse, thankfully took over the electricity, said she was ok with it as she doesn't like animals! I laughed and told her I do, which is why I hunt. In any event, I am REALLY hoping nurse #2 is in charge of my next treatment, but it got me thinking of how our young people look at life. If you hunt your the murderer in their minds. If they don't like animals, then it is no big deal. I was raised that we hunt with a deep respect and love for animals. I hunt them because I do love them. I kill clean, and only take mature animals who have already spread their seed. I am not mad at the nurse who doesn't agree, but rather feel bad for her as she is clueless as to what hunting really is. I also feel for the second nurse for the same reason. We as hunters need to find a way of teaching all aspects of hunting to our young and do a better job than I did when confronting anti-hunters. Besides, you never know when an anti-hunter is handling your next electric shock treatment! :Nailbiting::Dead:

Pretty cool how philosophical you are about the situation. But, how friggin' offensive. Holy crap, this "nurse" needs an abrupt reminder of her professional obligations. I hope your back is better and your hunt is a success. When you are back hopefully you can find a different chiropractor you can feel comfortable with.

:A Quiet::A Quiet:Yeah I think she could have been more professional. Hopefully I won't need that treatment after going as I'll be riding a downed buffalo high! I just can't believe how times have changed. WhenI was a boy in Western PA, we used to get the day off from school for opening day of deer season! Now, it is demonized. Oh well, I won't give it a second though when I snapping pics of my big bruiser in the salt! I wonder what my buff is doing right now?

:A Quiet::A Quiet:Yeah I think she could have been more professional. Hopefully I won't need that treatment after going as I'll be riding a downed buffalo high! I just can't believe how times have changed. WhenI was a boy in Western PA, we used to get the day off from school for opening day of deer season! Now, it is demonized. Oh well, I won't give it a second though when I snapping pics of my big bruiser in the salt! I wonder what my buff is doing right now?

If you have to visit the chiropractor again after the hunt, perhaps you could bring in the pics for a little show and tell? :sneaky:;)

Good luck with her and play safer ! ROTFLMFAO !
Glen

To such people I try and keep my composure and repeat something I came up with long ago.

Mother Nature is a cruel and heartless mistress. There are no hospitals for the lame, or sick, or nursing homes for the old and infirm.

There are only four ways to die naturally, predation, starvation, disease, or accident.

The kindest death any animal in the wild will ever know is from a well placed shot by a responsible hunter.

I grew up in an era where game populations in the US were really in serious trouble. The Bison and Pronghorn were on the verge of extinction, both white tail and mule deer habitats were quickly dwindling and it looked like within a generation we could easily see the end of big game hunting in the US.

It was sport hunters that brought it all back from the brink. If you want to see a species succeed create an interest in it by hunters and they will pour billions of dollars into saving it.

We are the best hope for any species' success.

If that doesn't work I can always come up with two or three very unkind remarks that will generally shut them the hell up.

Yes... as described in a few previous threads, I continually meet up with similar anti - hunting persona in my travels. I feel sad for them...
I TOTALLY agree that this nurse was WAY OUT OF LINE and very unprofessional. The Dr should have intervened and told her to mind her own business.
Look after your back, buddy, and make sure you have enough back pain adhesive pads to get you through the hunt.

To start, good luck on the hunt! As for the nurse, I grew up in upstate NY and now live in myrtle beach. I have NEVER met anyone who expressed an issue with hunting. Given my father worked construction and I work in a factory, maybe it's a different crowd? I'm sure I've met those who don't like it but they appear to know their opinion dosnt need to be shared/forced on others I guess.

That May Change when I have a kudu mounted on my office wall. May come accross a not so happy salesman/woman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross