Snake Bite - WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Not a big fan of venomous snakes but.... I really enjoy catching non venomous ones. I caught this coach whip in one of my barns and relocated him in a better place so he could keep up the good fight against the mouse population.
image.jpg
I also caught a hognose snake a few weeks ago and moved him to a better spot too.

That's it getting myself a honey badger to take with hunting I will rather put some plasters on open wounds than die of a snake bite!!!
Watch from around 12 to 16 minutes as he takes on the puffader.

Hi Guys
Dont worry toooooo much about snakes.
Most of the hunting is done in the winter months, consequently are torpid and or are hibernating.
True the Gaboon viper/adder and others inhabit the warmer climes so there is the potential of meeting a snake but remember 70% of the snake species you find are harmless
If you have a true fobia for snakes but want to hunt in Africa restrict your hunting to the mid winter months and in the high veld. That way the chance of your meeting a snake are the absolute minimum.
So go hunt
Be safe
Russel

I would love to hunt Africa, but I am afraid of snakes, just watched a YouTube on the Gaboon Viper ,it wasn't pretty

I am a chicken about snakes too. Irrational fear that it is.
I hunt in July and August and have never seen hide nor hair of a snake yet in many many days in various countries in southern Africa.
I have managed to see one track (slither mark in the sand)
I bump in to Scorpions all the time. Constantly looking under little pieces of wood while I am "waiting patiently" :rolleyes: for the critters to move.
Go looking for them I am sure you can find one.
Otherwise, relax. Honestly.

That's it getting myself a honey badger to take with hunting I will rather put some plasters on open wounds than die of a snake bite!!!

The next item that just has to be carried: One Rattel in your day pack for snake prevention!
First aid kit in top pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!