Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ATA, NRA, SCI, REMF,PF
Hunted
South Africa, Zulu Natal
I have a need/want to hunt a sitatunga in Zambia.
1. How many days should I allow?
2. When would the best time to hunt sitatunga.

I have a hunt scheduled for the in Tondwa Game Management Area, Zambia for 2014. Now I just need to know when to go?

Lure Jensen,
I reckon August, September or October. 7-10 days should be enough, depending on what the outfitter feels the area is like. Be ready for the October heat though, it can get pretty warm.
Who are you booked with?
We have a place on Lake Tanganyika not far from Tondwa, prob 45mins drive.
Getting there can be an adventure on its own!! Has your outfitter mentioned how you will be getting there?

I would suggest booking during the dark of the moon. May increase your chances a bit. Best of luck. Bruce

Hi Lure,
August/September is a very good time for the hunt as the waters should have receded a bit. As mentioned 7-10 days will be the way to go. Might be worth your while to look into adding something like a Kafue Lechwe or Black Lechwe.
Please let me know if we can assist you in anyway further in organizing a hunt in Zambia.

All the best in your planning.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

All sorts of great options up there. You also need a hartebeest, Puku, defassa waterbuck and other "specialties" while up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!