AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Pretty neat to be able to win an Olympic medal in 6 straight Olympics. It sounds like she has plans to compete in at least two more.

PS. Also great to read the last two paragraphs.

Get to know decorated Olympian Kim Rhode. USA TODAY Sports

636049751926718034-XXX-OLYMPIC-PREVIEW--TEAM-USA-MEDIA-SUMMIT-11248-82787386.JPG

Five-time Olympic medalist Kim Rhode poses for a portrait at the Oak Tree Gun Club in Newhall, Calif., in March.(Photo: Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports)

RIO DE JANEIRO — Make it six straight for Kim Rhode.

The 37-year-old American won a medal for her sixth consecutive Olympics on Friday, capturing bronze in the skeet shooting event at the Olympic Shooting Center.

It’s a stunning accomplishment from Rhode, who becomes the first female Olympian to medal in six consecutive games, and the first summer Olympian as well. Only Italian luger Armin Zoeggeler has done it on the men’s side.

Rhode’s bronze medal match ended in a shoot-off, after both she and China’s Meng Wei hit 15 of 16 clays. Rhode missed a clay in her first round of the shoot-off, but Meng followed by missing one of her own. Three rounds later, Meng missed her final clay to hand the bronze to Rhode.

Rhode lifted her arm to the sky when she realized she’d done it. She then walked over to the stands, where her husband handed her their 3-year-old son for a long hug.

“Being a mom, having a son here, it’s amazing,” she said. “I hope that he remembers this. We’ve taken tons of pictures trying to capture the moment.”

Afterward, she said history was on her mind as she was shooting.

“Most definitely,” she said. “When you’re in that bronze medal match, and you know you can walk away going for Olympic history or [nothing], yes, that was definitely on my mind.”

The crowd rose to give Rhode a standing ovation after the announcer told them history had just been made.

Italians Chiara Cainero and Diana Bacosi won silver and gold, respectively.

Rhode’s Olympic history has been nothing short of dominant. She won gold in the 1996 Games in double trap at the age of 17, then followed up with bronze in Sydney, gold in Athens, silver in Beijing, and then gold in London.

“Standing up there on the podium, it’s addicting,” Rhode said. “It keeps me coming back for more.”

IOC president Thomas Bach was in the crowd for the event, catching a seat for history.

American Morgan Craft, 23, also competed in the event, but was eliminated in a semifinal shoot-off.

Craft said after the final that she respected Rhode’s longevity, but doesn’t see herself competing in that many Olympics – her dream is to become a physician’s assistant.

Rhode has become an outspoken defendant of the second amendment in the United States. In a news conference before the start of the Games, Rhode spoke out about what it meant to her.

“We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family,” she said. “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech, and also to defend ourselves against our own government.”

Attachments

• 636049751926718034-XXX-OLYMPIC-PREVIEW--TEAM-USA-MEDIA-SUMMIT-11248-82787386.JPG
    636049751926718034-XXX-OLYMPIC-PREVIEW--TEAM-USA-MEDIA-SUMMIT-11248-82787386.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
An awesome lady!

That's the kind of spokeswoman we need!

(y)

Yes!!!!!!!!!
What pisses me off to no extent is that the media is saying little if anything about our awesome shooting sport Olympians just because it has to do with shooting. Our guys and gals are doing an awesome job and they deserve recognition for their accomplishments.

lets face it,the media is as corrupt as the garbage politicians,ideas they believe in.

Old Amos asked: "Can two walk together except they be agreed?" Trust me these two groups are strolling along hand in hand.

Inspiring lady! If she keeps this up, I bet she could win 10 medals over 40 years!

Good on ya Kim!

Very proud of this lady!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg