Shooter Syndrome

Newboomer

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
This is a tongue in cheek piece. I think I have an affliction, malady, or something. Whenever I look at a clock I see calibers instead of times. Y'know--223, 357, 416, etc..

I've been told it affects hunters and shooters and can be quite pricey. Seeing calibers all the time causes the victim to have a great desire to add these calibers to the arsenal. This, of course, involves accessories like scopes, slings, cartridges, range time, possible addition to the home, etc. to the detriment of one's home life. Add to all this the flaming need to put all this gear to use and the expense mounts. One just has to plan a safari to test the efficacy of the latest acquisition to the gun safe (and return to Africa one more time) because there must be one more trophy to be collected.

Quite the dilemma, but the cure can be rather interesting, what with new guns, another safari, another trophy, a new area to hunt.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this disease besides me? If so, what was the cure?

LOL, take two aspirins and call me in the morning. There is NO cure and it's contagious as the plague! The only thing is treatment. Surely you can figure that out.

Guess I'll just have to suffer with it.

LOL, take two aspirins and call me in the morning. There is NO cure and it's contagious as the plague! The only thing is treatment. Surely you can figure that out.

There are many poor afflicted souls on this forum. Clayton is correct sir you suffer from that which can not be cured only treated. My suggestion is to head to the nearest gun store and pick up a few of those you don't already have!
I'm waiting on my newest addition to my collection to arrive next week. I sure hope it helps my if only for a short while.

It must really throw you when you see 470

Hilda Beast wants to help all of us suffering from this affliction by removing the problem! Can you imagine going cold turkey??

Now I'm not laughing anymore Charlie.

There is a cure. Buy a bow. Well, a couple bows because you need a dangerous game bow and a plains game bow. Then probably add a target bow. They have a couple options for target bows - one with a short brace height for outdoor and a longer brace height for indoor. And to appreciate how easy and powerful the compound bows are, you should pick up a recurve. If you really want to see how tough they had it, you need to get a traditional long bow and maybe an English War Bow to see how hard they were to shoot. And if you ever considered using a horse when hunting instead of a truck, you should look at the Mongolian horse bows. Oh, and now the new bows are out and are a bit more efficient with a faster IBO speed and so you should look at upgrading your plains game bow. And pick up some bows for the wife and kids...

You won't even have time to think about guns. Problem solved.

My favorite time of the day is 3:08, am pm doesn't matter.

I love when I look at my phone and it's a caliber, especially after it hits 505, about the time my liver starts growling!
Cheers,
Cody

I wish I had that problem my Wall clock only Flashes Pictures of my Ex Wives reminding me it.s time to send them More Money

I wish I had that problem my Wall clock only Flashes Pictures of my Ex Wives reminding me it.s time to send them More Money
thats a big boo hoo!!!!!

Maybe that is why 7 AM and 7 PM are on my mind all the time, I'm thinking of my 7mm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross