Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
We chose to have our trophies mounted in Africa and are about 30 days out from delivery (USA).
Question I have is if anyone has taken the shippers insurance that is offered or if other insurance has been taken that covers taxidermy while in route to home base?

I bought some on my trophys' when they were shipped from Namibia. I can't remember the exact cost but it was less than $100. It might be higher for mounts.

I bought some on my trophys' when they were shipped from Namibia. I can't remember the exact cost but it was less than $100. It might be higher for mounts.

Seems like the cost from that end is minute to cover shipping.

I guess the bigger question would be IF anyone that has had a loss during shipment, has seen any monies covered by the insurance bought/provided..??

Seems like the cost from that end is minute to cover shipping.

I guess the bigger question would be IF anyone that has had a loss during shipment, has seen any monies covered by the insurance bought/provided..??

Much better question actually.

Ask for an actual copy of the insurance certificate.
That will help you determine if you are being insured or having an "add on" to the bill that is worthless.

I can not imagine a claims procedure for this.
What is a lost mount worth actually? Not your cost outlay I'll bet.

Not from personal experience but, the replacement value of the trophy and mount is covered. Not your safari costs but simply the cost of buying one on say ebay, you do not get any safari costs whatsoever. This tends to be far below even the cost of trophy fees.

Like Wayne said, look really closely at what is covered.

We chose to have our trophies mounted in Africa and are about 30 days out from delivery (USA).
Question I have is if anyone has taken the shippers insurance that is offered or if other insurance has been taken that covers taxidermy while in route to home base?
How many animals and if you don't mind me asking what was the shipping to the US?

That shipment we has 2 lifesized animals lion/impala and 6 large shoulder mounts. If my memory serves me correctly I believe our shipping cost was around $4k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!