Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA CSSA
Hunted
Canada, RSA
Hey All

I can get real cheap flights from Canada to East london but they go through London, the firearms phobia capital of the world. Can I ship my guns to JBerg and collect them there from a lockup?

Thanks

If you are flying Star Alliance they do the transfer so not a problem. I'm flying Air Canada to London then South African to JoBurg and Windhoek in May. Put my rifle on in Grande Prairie and pick it up in Windhoek. I've done this before never a hitch.

I have considered the same idea.
However, the paperwork and BS makes your concern look trivial in comparison.
"Who is importing is and with what motivation? "
I have found a few services within RSA that would transport and store firearms. Importing is another issue all together.

London is not a bad transit point with a firearm, unless you are changing terminals or airports.
However, this is a rare occurrence.

If something has changed since I did all this research I'd love to hear it.

Thanks guys. I ask the question because this year I was Delta all the way home to Ottawa and I had to collect my luggage, clear US customs then re-check my luggage (Atlanta) . Brick, it is precisely the terminal change cluster-f$ in London that scares me. $800 cheaper is huge and could pay for a trophy or two

Hey All

I can get real cheap flights from Canada to East london but they go through London, the firearms phobia capital of the world. Can I ship my guns to JBerg and collect them there from a lockup?

Thanks

what airlines are you flying with? because as wayne and spooksar said and i have explained i dont know how many times on here, that transiting through heathrow with codeshare airlines is easier than in other what i presume you would term gun friendly european countries is. there are no prior docs needed at the moment and hopefully it will stay that way. if they arent code share then you would have to use a firearms agent to meet you and do any paperwork and recheck you in, but that will cost and so negate some of your savings. shipping guns means as you arent travelling with them they would need to be exported from your country and imported into the country of destination, which being an african country in this instance means a nightmare for you that i doubt would happen anyway....... just check as i think there is a usa airline that doesnt carry firearms through london, possibly because they dont have a licence to do so. BA and Virgin do have the licences.

Thanks guys, I'll check if they are codeshare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg