Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
I realise this is short notice and not quite hunting related, however, I would appreciate any input and advise.

So I am looking to get away end of this month (21st-31st) on a self drive 4x4 safari (no hunting). In terms of getting a flight this late at a reasonable cost and not spending 4 days traveling in the air, South Africa looks like the destination of choice, maybe Namibia. I would have loved to have gone to Uganda and found a great trip but we would spend as much time getting there as on holiday.

The trip would be for my father, 2 brothers and I. The trip would be to do a self drive 4x4 safari, camping along the way. The aim would be to see lots of wildlife and great views, camping out and trying to explore as much as possible and not being tied to a group. We would like to do a very much on our own exploration.

Does anyone have any advise on where to head in SA that would best fulfill our needs?

Tom

Tom, If you want some wild places I'd head to Namibia.
You can do a big circle and see wildlife and geography while camping out.
Etosha, the Namib Desert, etc, etc.
Self Drive camping rentals are readily available.

Tom,

As per Wayne's reply,Namibia is a good option or you could drive up to Vic falls through Botswana, there are some really nice places to see up there and then make your way back down through the Okavango area.

Let me know if I can send you some more detail via PM.

REGARDS

Tom,

As per Wayne's reply,Namibia is a good option or you could drive up to Vic falls through Botswana, there are some really nice places to see up there and then make your way back down through the Okavango area.

Let me know if I can send you some more detail via PM.

REGARDS

Please do!

Tom

We're doing a self drive after hunting next month in Namibia.
I would suggest that if you plan to do it, get it in motion fairly swiftly.
I planned a route around North Namibia and it was a bit of a struggle finding a suitable vehicle and accommodation as things were getting booked up fast.
Mind you, this is staying in lodges as opposed to camping which might be a more flexible option.

Thank you everyone who got in touch or posted on here, all your input was appreciated.

The holiday is booked and we are off to Zimbabwe! A family friend runs an overland travel company and gave us an offer we couldn't turn down!

Destinations as follows; we land at Victoria falls, Lake Kariba, Hwange NP, Matobo NP and then the Great Zimbabwe ruins and depart from Bulawayo. 11 day self drive 4x4 safari. I can't wait! Activities along the way include whitewater rafting, an on-foot rhino trek, tiger fish fishing, Bushman cave paintings tour as well as game drives.

Thank you everyone who got in touch or posted on here, all your input was appreciated.

The holiday is booked and we are off to Zimbabwe! A family friend runs an overland travel company and gave us an offer we couldn't turn down!

Destinations as follows; we land at Victoria falls, Lake Kariba, Hwange NP, Matobo NP and then the Great Zimbabwe ruins and depart from Bulawayo. 11 day self drive 4x4 safari. I can't wait! Activities along the way include whitewater rafting, an on-foot rhino trek, tiger fish fishing, Bushman cave paintings tour as well as game drives.

Sounds like a fantastic trip.

Have a blast with the family.

I will.

Ill post some pictures and a mini report upon my return. I imagine I will be mentally pulling the trigger a lot!

Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve in Eastern Cape, South Africa. Guaranteed no big groups, great 4x4 driving, camping only. Very scenic and good wildlife.

OR

Botswana. Through Okavango Delta, into Moremi then up to Savuti through the Chobe National Park. For me there is no better place for camping amongst the wildlife. We had a leopard sleeping beneath our Land Rover while we slept on the roof.

Just landed in Joberg, waiting to connect to Vic Falls.

livin the dream, enjoy your trip.......

@UKHunter There is so many different possibilities, however if you want it to be wild and extreme and if you love doing the thing off GPS then Namibia is your place of choice. http://africa-adventure.info/index....a-info/tours-safaris/activity-adventure-tours Should you require more information you are welcome to email me on loodt.buchner@tootabi.com and I will send you through some suggestions and places that I know of and have been too myself.

PS: I just returned from such an epic tour in Namibia 7 days ago, and I am already planning my next trip up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross