Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NWTF, NRA
This is more of an FYI thread, since i have already fiqured out the problem.

I tried mounting a scope on my newly aquired Winchester .375 H&H. It came with Lepould dual dovetails already on it. When mounted the scope looked visably of center. I tried to boresight it and couldnt get it to boresight. (ran out of windage adjustment)

I did several things to eliminate the scope, including brakeing down another guns setup. I then tried to see if it was the weapon itself. Lastly i started measuring on the bases. Though i found a .009" side to side error on the front bases i dint think this was enough to cause what i was seeing. I was sitting there remeasuring the front base when something caught my eye. The radius on the bottom of the bases is machined off center. It is even cocked from front to back. I noticed when i aligned the base by eye and tightend it down i could feel it cock sidways at the last turn of the screws.
I wasnt crazy about the dovetails anyway so theres a pair of QRWs on the way.

I have heard sevaral people express dissatisfaction with the Leupold dual dovetails. I use the regular Leupold bases and am quite happy with them (although I also make sure to hone them true). It is hard to beat good old Weaver rings and bases though and Burris is certainly top notch too.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the heads up.
I will be searching for some bases for my 300WM and don't need this hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois