Scope base for mauser?

Parsons

AH senior member
Reaction score
Who makes a good scope base for a large ring mauser? I am having a rough time finding a good base. I have seen some for 5-20 dollars but that can't be that great of quality. Keep reading weaver used to make them but can not find the base on their website. I am keeping the rear hump on the action also so the base needs to go over it. Anyone have any ideas?

Well I found a company called Farrell that seems to make a scope base for a mauser that doesn't require the hump on the receiver to be removed. Any one have experience with this company?

I recommend EAW mounts and rings. Quite expensive but well worth it.

Who makes a good scope base for a large ring mauser? I am having a rough time finding a good base. I have seen some for 5-20 dollars but that can't be that great of quality. Keep reading weaver used to make them but can not find the base on their website. I am keeping the rear hump on the action also so the base needs to go over it. Anyone have any ideas?

Parsons,

Claw mounts are in a class all by themselves and probably were born on a Mauser back well before WW-I.
However, they cost more than some rifles do.

I confess that the only claw mounted rifle I ever owned was not a Mauser, and sadly, I had to sell it anyway to pay off the Safari I took it on. (Spent most of my money on Safaris and proper rifles, the rest I just wasted).

The other ones I like (that I can afford anyway) are the Older Model of Talley bases (two small/stout rectangle blocks of steel, with a recoil step) and corresponding Old Model Talley Lever Rings.

Talley's newer version is a bit larger and not so sleek for my taste.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Shouldn't be too hard to find in some gunsmiths workshop.My first Mauser was a military one which I picked up for peanuts. A gunsmith installed weaver bases and turned the bolt handle so it would clear the scope,an old Kahles 4x S2.
It wasn't too long ago,ten,twelve years maybe.

I have a few large and Small ring Mausers , My M48 Yugo has a 2 piece Weaver my Mex as well as my German use Redfield and Luepold One Piece Mounts ,I'd say Look at Midway or Brownells but read the discription

Attachments

• P1000839.JPG
    P1000839.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 165
  • P1000595.JPG
    P1000595.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
I do not own a Mauser,however why don't you email " the powder keg" in SA they are the local agents in SA and I am sure they will give you some input of which rings work the best.

Thanks for the reply guys I am looking at the Talley bases and quick detach rings. Seem to be about right. I will call them on monday and see what they say about it fitting with out grinding down the rear part of action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross