sci record book plaque

chad

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NWTF
Hunted
USA, RSA
Out of curiosity, what does a sci record book plaque look like?

Chad.........was hoping someone on here might be able to help you. I have only seen the medallion plaques, not the actual record book plaques that are available. Have you tried contacting SCI directly and asking them for a picture?

I recently suggested to them that they should have a life member plaque available as well. Something that business people could hang in their office for people to look at instead of a computer/printer generated paper certificate.

Skyline. . . In the past SCI was pretty good with recognition. When I joined the Los Angeles Chapter (SCI's founding chapter) in the late 80's I was given a real nice certificate on parchment paper which was also double matted and then wood framed. When I became a life member in '93 or '94 I was given a somewhat unique laminated wall plaque announcing me as a life member and then imposed with a photo image (obviously I had to provide the photo and I chose one of me standing alongside my 10 pace frontal brain shot Elephant). After serving as the L.A. Chapter president I was again given a super nice certificate from the SCI National organization and the L.A. chapter presented me with a wooden plaque which contained an engraved brass plate. Then, only a couple of years ago SCI sent me a quite nice cast medal and ribbon recognizing my service in Viet Nam and they then followed that up with a real fancy certificate which again recognized my Viet Nam service.

I'm therefore very surprised to learn that you, and certainly others as well, only received cheesy computer printouts for your life member investment (did they bother to tear off the tractor feed perforations on the sides?).

One of the most recent past presidents of SCI is a friend and neighbor of mine. Certainly he must still retain a certain level of status within the national organization and with the present higher-ups. I'll give him a call and tell him how crappy things are becoming in the 'recognition' department. I do think a computer print out is cheesy. Maybe he can put a bug in someone's ear out in Tucson. A SCI life membership contribution is certainly worth recognition by way of a nice commemorative certificate suitable for placement alongside other acheivment certificates and awards.

Last edited:
SCI Plaques

chad,
I don't know if this is what you were looking for in terms of SCI record book plaque, but here are a few...

SCI Top Ten Plaque
watermark.php

SCI ID Plaque Walnut Continental US
watermark.php

SCI Africa Big Five Plaque
watermark.php

SCI Photo Medallion Plaque
watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Chad . . . I got side tracked in responding to Skyline. But thankfully Jerome seems to have covered about every base with the hunting plaques.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.