SCI Mobilizes Members to Reverse Airline Shipping Bans - UPDATE: More Airlines Added

Edward, I've been waiting for clarification about this question myself since early Saturday morning.
If I hear something I will post it here.

Edward,

Here is the answer from SCI to our question:

August 24, 2015 at 8:03 am

Thomas,
Thank you for sending your letters. They were automatically sent to the airlines. The emails you received were copies for your records.

I work and live in Lagos, Nigeria. I fly Delta a lot, as they have a non stop flight between Lagos and Atlanta. A lot of people that I work with (a large US Oil company) also fly Delta. Suffice to say, we are one of Delta's larger corporate accounts. I have emailed the Delta exec for West Africa and voiced my displeasure with the ban by Delta and others. I doubt that it does any good, but who knows.

I asked the guy how an airline, which is designated a "common carrier" can arbitrarily ban legal and safe commerce. What's next? Why not ban blue suitcases or green duffle bags. I then asked him if people who work for oil companies might get banned one day. Maybe people involved in fracking.

Can you imagine if a guy was involved in fracking and hunting and his hunting buddy was a certain dentist............:( Might be banned for life.

I hope SCI or NRA pursues legal avenues on this. Perhaps restriction of free trade or interstate commerce. Would love for the lawyers/hunters to step up on this.

I'll post his reply, assuming I get one.

Sent, however I would love to know why there is only 3 American based airlines on the list. No offense to our American brothers/sisters but it is Safari Club INTERNATIONAL. There are many more international based airlines with bans on as well and many international hunters who are affected. I'm glad to see some progress but let's not restrict ourselves to one country.

Johnny

Johnny good news for you and the rest of our Canadian brothers and sisters.

Letters to Air Canada and WestJet have just been added.

Folks let's all send a few more letters, to Canada this time.

Sent letters!!

sent my last two.

Johnny good news for you and the rest of our Canadian brothers and sisters.

Letters to Air Canada and WestJet have just been added.

Folks let's all send a few more letters, to Canada this time.

That's great, thanks for the update I didn't even realize that Westjet had also imposed a ban. Latest letters sent.

Now to whack the last of the airlines from across the water.

Air Canada and WestJet letters sent

I work and live in Lagos, Nigeria. I fly Delta a lot, as they have a non stop flight between Lagos and Atlanta. A lot of people that I work with (a large US Oil company) also fly Delta. Suffice to say, we are one of Delta's larger corporate accounts. I have emailed the Delta exec for West Africa and voiced my displeasure with the ban by Delta and others. I doubt that it does any good, but who knows.

I asked the guy how an airline, which is designated a "common carrier" can arbitrarily ban legal and safe commerce. What's next? Why not ban blue suitcases or green duffle bags. I then asked him if people who work for oil companies might get banned one day. Maybe people involved in fracking.

Can you imagine if a guy was involved in fracking and hunting and his hunting buddy was a certain dentist............:( Might be banned for life.

I hope SCI or NRA pursues legal avenues on this. Perhaps restriction of free trade or interstate commerce. Would love for the lawyers/hunters to step up on this.

I'll post his reply, assuming I get one.

UPDATE: The Delta exec in Lagos (an American guy) called me yesterday and was quite supportive and sympathetic. He said he'd pass my comment up the line, but he said he didn't think anything would change soon. He agreed the decision by Delta was based on other airlines action and social media. He suggested that the hunting community needed to get their side of the issue out there on social media too.

Sent mine. One more for the pile.

My finished Hyena rug just made it home through baggage on my BA flight.
No fuss no muss. Did not even open the box once.
(y)

UPDATE: The Delta exec in Lagos (an American guy) called me yesterday and was quite supportive and sympathetic. He said he'd pass my comment up the line, but he said he didn't think anything would change soon. He agreed the decision by Delta was based on other airlines action and social media. He suggested that the hunting community needed to get their side of the issue out there on social media too.
Exactly what I have been saying for months. We need a professional PR firm to handle these matters financed by the hunting industry and all those involved in every capacity.

I logged into the Delta website with my frequent flyer number and then entered a comment/complaint. I was surprised to get a reply back in about 30 minutes. Maybe my Gold Medallion status or whatever it's called warranted the quick reply. The response and the logic to justify the ban is just plain dumb.

Thank you for your email to Delta. I regret your disappointment with our decision on hunting trophies.

Delta has banned the shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also review the acceptance policies for other hunting trophies with the appropriate government agencies and other organizations that support legal shipments.

We value customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We understand your feelings surrounding this issue, and we are grateful you took the time to let us know how our actions have been perceived. Your concerns have been reported to the appropriate leadership for internal review. I realize this is a disappointment, and trust you will understand our position. We value your Gold Medallion loyalty and hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

Sincerely,
Tia Walter
Elite Online Customer Support Desk
delta.com

Reply from the NRA was underwhelming............:(

Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA regarding the newly instated Delta Airline policy. The NRA-ILA is aware of the policy but as a corporation they can form policies that they deem appropriate. I hope you find this information helpful.

Respectfully,
Nick C
NRA-ILA Grassroots
800-392-8683
www.NRAILA.org
ILA-Contact@NRAHQ.org

That's plain disgraceful!

Thomas, thanks for posting. Letters sent.

Already frustrated with the airlines ... this year's shipment home is going about as well as last years. It will arrive tomorrow on such and such a flight. Inspector booked, time off work coordinated and all prepped for the ride to the airport only to receive an EMail saying sorry we bumped your crate, now it will be on Monday. It seems they can get away with changing deliveries as they seem fit ... anywhere else or anybody else and someone wouldn't be getting paid ... very frustrating!

@TMS I didn't want you to think your contribution went unnoticed Simon. Thanks my man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross