SCI Foundation Partners with Frankfurt Zoological Society and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service To Curb

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Washington D.C. Safari Club International Foundation (SCI Foundation) today announced that it has partnered with the Frankfurt Zoological Society, as well as the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, on its North Luangwa Conservation Project in Zambia. The project focuses on anti-poaching efforts for the reintroduced population of black rhinos in North Luangwa National Park.

SCI Foundation is humbled to work in partnership with the Frankfurt Zoological Society and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to ensure that reintroduced black rhino are protected from illegal and indiscriminate killing by poachers," said Joe Hosmer, SCI Foundation President. "Fankfurt Zoological Society has a long history as an international conservation organization working on globally important conservation projects."

The best tool to combat wildlife poaching is community-based natural resources management planning that develops sustainable wildlife dependent tourism. The Northern Luangwa Project is using collaboration with local communities, wildlife managers, and international conservation organizations to fund the necessary anti-poaching patrols to protect the black rhino population.

Other partners on the project include the Zambian Wildlife Authority, Save the Rhino Trust, the European Association for Zoos and Aquariums, Houston Safari Club, and the Prince Bernhard Fund.

Organized crime syndicates have been poaching increasingly large numbers of rhinos and elephants in recent years. These events have even prompted President Obama to sign an executive order giving resources to support anti-poaching efforts in Africa and around the world.

"We have been longtime supporters of anti-poaching efforts. Partnering with local conservancies in southern Africa, which serve as important reserves for black rhinos and other wildlife, is important for the continued survival of species," concluded Hosmer

MEDIA CONTACT: Nelson Freeman media@safariclub.org

Safari Club International Foundation (SCI Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that funds and manages worldwide programs dedicated to wildlife conservation, and outdoor education. Since 2000, SCIF has provided over $50 million to these causes around the world.

Visit the SCI Foundation's website at Safari Club International Foundation for more information on how you can contribute to international conservation.

Source: Safari Club International Foundation (SCI Foundation)

Keep the Rhino alive. No other way.

You figure the Zambian Wildlife Authority might get on those other GMA's.:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross