Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
SCI Foundation Launches Joint Lion Conservation Strategy With IFCW

Washington, DC - The Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF) is joining with renowned lion expert Dr. Philippe Chardonnet of the International Foundation for Conservation of Wildlife (IFCW)to begin one of the largest national lion conservation projects ever undertaken.

The project will include collecting current lion population data in Tanzania, supporting a national lion workshop to be hosted by the Tanzania government, and producing a science-based national lion management plan. Lions are an important component of the African ecosystem. Data from this project will aid in regional management, which is an essential component of ensuring long-term survival of the species across the continent.

"Conservation of the African lion is a major focus of my efforts with SCIF this year," said SCIF President Dr. Larry Rudolph. "Our hope is that this project applies much needed science to the debate on lion status and management, as opposed to the rhetorical arguments that are often heard from anti-hunting organizations."

"Tanzania is one of the most important areas for the African lion, and this important research expands on the national lion survey SCIF funded last year in Mozambique. Since these countries are adjacent to each other, we will now have a current perspective of lion status across the core of lion range," stated SCIF Chair of Conservation Joseph Hosmer.

A project of this magnitude is not possible without the generous financial support of individuals and partnering organizations. In addition to a grant from Safari Club International, SCIF is pleased to recognize the significant contributions of Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris, Gerard Pasanisi's company Tanganyika Safari Company, and the SCI North Carolina Triangle Chapter. Also, among those offering help to raise funds was past SCI President John Jackson and other like-minded conservation organizations that are working together to support lion conservation efforts throughout Africa.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross