SCI Foundation Closes in on One Million Dollar Investment in Lion Conservation and Research

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
SCI Foundation Closes in on One Million Dollar Investment in Lion Conservation and Research

Washington, DC Safari Club International Foundation (SCI Foundation) has announced that it is close to hitting an unprecedented milestone by contributing nearly $1,000,000 to African lion projects for conservation and research.

"SCI Foundation has continually been a leader in lion conservation in collaboration with the African lion range states," said SCI Foundation President Joe Hosmer. "Our specific research efforts have provided the best available information on the status of lions, which hopefully will be used by the range states to ensure well managed populations."

This new information comes at a crucial time when the international conservation community is conducting a review on lions. This review will determine whether lions are appropriately listed in the CITES Appendices. Currently, they are listed as Appendix II, which poses restrictions on international trade in the species.

Annually, SCI Foundation underwrites the African Wildlife Consultative Forum (AWCF), a meeting where government officials from various African countries convene and discuss leading wildlife conservation issues and wildlife policy and management. The AWCF promotes the practice of sustainable use, including hunting. Therefore, Professional Hunting Associations and other NGOs are represented at this meeting to share their expertise and concerns with regard to wildlife conservation and hunting regulations.

"Throughout the decade long effort to improve the AWCF, lion conservation has been a continual theme that SCI Foundation hopes will result in ever improving management for such an iconic species," concluded Hosmer.

The SCI Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization that funds and manages worldwide programs dedicated to wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian services, including such programs as Sportsmen Against Hunger, Sensory Safari, Safari Care, Disabled Hunter, the American Wilderness Leadership School, Becoming an Outdoors Woman & More and Youth Education Seminars (YES) Outdoors. Call 877-877-3265 or visit www.sci-foundation.org for more information.

Source: SCI Foundation

Jerome

great news..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,