Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I just got this email from SCI.

Apparently a committee has been formed and they want your help.

To SCI Canada members;

My Name is David Little board of director for the Calgary Chapter.

Last year the Canada Food Inspection Agency ("CFIA"), changed the manner in which they enforce their policy on the Importing of Hunting Trophies, Importation of Integumentary Tissue (TAUD-DSAT-IE-2001 -1-2) 2013.

Many hunters attempting to bring home their trophies from outside the country have experienced first-hand the impact of these changes.

I was one of these unlucky hunters. A crate of my trophies was enroute from South Africa when the story broke and I was one of the first causalities of this new enforcement, at the Calgary Port of Entry.

I am currently the chair of the newly formed SCI Canada Trophy Import Committee to look into the impact these changes are having on our members and make recommendations.

If you have brought trophies into Canada in the past year, I would appreciate hearing about the experience. Many of us report undue hold-ups, redundant fumigation, and extra charges for repacking, storage and transportation. But also, I have had some taxidermied trophies come through very smoothly.

Whatever your recent experience with CFIA, I would like to hear from you.

Please email me at davidlittle@blackstagresources.com.

Best regards,
David A Little

I just got this email from SCI.

Apparently a committee has been formed and they want your help.

To SCI Canada members;

My Name is David Little board of director for the Calgary Chapter.

Last year the Canada Food Inspection Agency ("CFIA"), changed the manner in which they enforce their policy on the Importing of Hunting Trophies, Importation of Integumentary Tissue (TAUD-DSAT-IE-2001 -1-2) 2013.

Many hunters attempting to bring home their trophies from outside the country have experienced first-hand the impact of these changes.

I was one of these unlucky hunters. A crate of my trophies was enroute from South Africa when the story broke and I was one of the first causalities of this new enforcement, at the Calgary Port of Entry.

I am currently the chair of the newly formed SCI Canada Trophy Import Committee to look into the impact these changes are having on our members and make recommendations.

If you have brought trophies into Canada in the past year, I would appreciate hearing about the experience. Many of us report undue hold-ups, redundant fumigation, and extra charges for repacking, storage and transportation. But also, I have had some taxidermied trophies come through very smoothly.

Whatever your recent experience with CFIA, I would like to hear from you.

Please email me at davidlittle@blackstagresources.com.

Best regards,
David A Little

Its a start for sure. I would send him everything on mine, but my bonus is Kim that handled my stuff is on the committee as well.

Its a start for sure. I would send him everything on mine, but my bonus is Kim that handled my stuff is on the committee as well.

The more the merrier.

When the first shipment arrives I'll have to provide some feedback to Dave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg