AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
I built this savage in 9.3x62 to test and see if I like the calibre, as with other posts I have made you all know that this is and the 74R are my favourite mid bores. Since I have a custom I built and a CZ 550FS I decided to sell this one so someone can try an inexpensive rifle in a great calibre. I had the barrel installed in a standard manner vs the savage barrel nut. Like most savages it in very accurate, it is in a camo Tupperware kinda stock but that is easy to change. Asking $425. Thank you for looking.
IMG_4173.jpeg

I built this savage in 9.3x62 to test and see if I like the calibre, as with other posts I have made you all know that this is and the 74R are my favourite mid bores. Since I have a custom I built and a CZ 550FS I decided to sell this one so someone can try an inexpensive rifle in a great calibre. I had the barrel installed in a standard manner vs the savage barrel nut. Like most savages it in very accurate, it is in a camo Tupperware kinda stock but that is easy to change. Asking $425. Thank you for looking.View attachment 50567

Excellent idea .....just got my first Savage for a similar project ....

That is a bargin. .....Unfortunately have to pass as the hassle of getting it home etc.

I built this savage in 9.3x62 to test and see if I like the calibre, as with other posts I have made you all know that this is and the 74R are my favourite mid bores. Since I have a custom I built and a CZ 550FS I decided to sell this one so someone can try an inexpensive rifle in a great calibre. I had the barrel installed in a standard manner vs the savage barrel nut. Like most savages it in very accurate, it is in a camo Tupperware kinda stock but that is easy to change. Asking $425. Thank you for looking.View attachment 50567

Hello, do you still have this rifle for sale ?

Thanks !

Yes it is still available.

Thanks, I had, and foolishly sold, one of the Euro export only ones with the orange stock.

Can you tell me:

whose barrel is it ?
Barrel length ?
Barrel contour ?
iron sights ?

Thanks, Larry

The barrel is a McGowen match.
21 in Lite sporter profile (Kinda like you would find on a CZ full stock)
There are no irons on it.

I had the gunsmith put the barrel on like it was a rem 700 (IE No barrel nut)

I have shot priv and hornaday factory and reloads through it. Reloads I was in the 3/4 in range, hornaday 1 -1/14 and priv 1 3/8ish 5 shot groups.

Thanks, two more:

Weight ?
Balance point ?

My old one:

Thanks, Larry

Attachments

• 0e4c02dd.jpg
    0e4c02dd.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
I have never weight it but my guess based on feel it is 7LBs or a few oz's more. It balances between the hands. It started life as a 110 30/06 that the crown was bad and it shot bad so I got it from a shop for a good price. I did my first safari with a TC encore in 9.3x74 and was just impressed with the 9.3's and di some research on the bolt action equivalent so I ordered a barrel and a reamer and had my gunsmith put one together for me to see how I like it or not. Well to say that this 9.3x74 is my favourite double rifle and the 9.3x62 has become my favourite mid bore in a bolt gun. To the point that my 338WM and 375H&H have only been out of the safe and to the range once in the last 3 years. Since then I bought a CZ 550 full stock and built a custom mauser on a parker hale action. So I decided to sell this one to someone that would have fun with it and enjoy and old classic African calibre.

Randall welcome to the site. Yes the rifle is still available

Southern Arizona

I plan to make it to Africa next year.Have already got it lined up for plains game. I have a Husqvarna in 9.3x62 that I plan to take. It was glass bedded today. I bought a 9.3x57 to rechamber into a 62,but once it arrived I decided to leave it as it was. Kinda like to have another 62. Are you a FFL dealer or have access to one near you. What is the best price for the rifle.

I could go $400 and my local FFL can handle the shipment to your local FFL. I really like the 9.3 both the 62 and the 74R. It is just a great round for all plains game. I have shot everything from Diker to cape eland with my 74R and the 62 when loaded to its potential is just a bit more powerful. The only animal I would question hunting with the 62 is a elephant. I am looking at late next year of 2018 for my next trip.

400 includes shipping? My brother went 5 years ago and killed kudu, gemsbuck and the usual plains game. He carried a 7 mm mag. Since then he had a custom 62 built on a CZ receiver. He put in for an elk in Kentucky and killed a GIANT 5x5 with it.Plan on a Wyoming bear hunt in June with the 62 I have.

400 includes shipping. I built a custom 62 on a parker hale action after I built this one and decided that I liked the calibre enough invest the money on a custom. There is a pic of my custom in the firearms section of the below 375 area. The 9.3 are my favourite mid-bores. I shoot everything from 17 Fireball to 500 NE in smokeless. 5 cal to 8bore in blackpowder. I have put more rounds down range with 9.3 in the last 4 years than any other cal but 22lr. You will be back at work before I am home from work so I will check for a response after I get home.

@AZDAVE
A very pretty rifle in a good caliber. I'd had my gunsmith do the barrel of my savage Whelen the same as yours plus true up the recoil lug. Mine was on a Stevens 200 that's just a budget savage 110 but I will keep mine it's my go to guns for everything.
Bob
20200201_135545.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross