Satellite images of game at waterholes

Thanks Paul for walking us through your exploratory process!

Your welcome Jerome.

To a lot of people my system must appear time consuming and labourious, but believe me, when you get used to the different facets of projecting waypoints in combination with utilising the features provided by the likes of Google and Flash Earth it sure is a heck of a lot more productive than blindly bashing through miles of unchartered scrub hoping to luck onto viable hunting areas.

As you have seen from your Google fly-over, I'm in some pretty isolated and remote, rough country and sure the buff are right through the area, but for percentage hunting and having areas you can start to concentrate on, my system is working for me and getting some great results.

Each year I eagerly look forward to breaking in some new grounds and i'm greatful (and privilaged) to have access to enough ground that it will take quite some time before I see it all.

Look up 11`58`43.02"s 38`34`47.62"E for a great example of modern exploration via Google Earth.

Look up 11`58`43.02"s 38`34`47.62"E for a great example of modern exploration via Google Earth.

What are we looking at?

6209d1299523572-satellite-images-game-waterholes-classicsafari.jpg

Attachments

• classicsafari.jpg
    classicsafari.jpg
    737.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome,
I could not get anywhere near the same definition and clarity of this location that you have captured, when I went to the location provided by classicsafari.

Can someone explain to me how to initiate an up-date to Google Earth from the existing programe.

Thank-you in advance.

Paul, You should first uninstall the current version that you are using, click here for some help on that and then download the newest version of Google Earth to reinstall it on your computer, click here.

Thanks Jerome.

First, I'm going to have to find some way of storing, or recording the hundred or more place marks that I have saved on the original version, before I un-install it.

Appreciate the help,
Paul.

First, I'm going to have to find some way of storing, or recording the hundred or more place marks that I have saved on the original version, before I un-install it.

Before uninstalling, try doing an update by just downloading and installing the new version, this should save your places marked...

Jerome, after several frustrating attempts I got the newest version installed and all my saved places transfered onto it.

Subsiquently, I researched the G.E site and found that image clarity, detail provided and date of images is the same on all the G.E products.

G.E states that they do not own the satelites providing this information therefore the rely on providers to generate the images they use.
They also state that it makes no commercial sense for them to up-date images more frequently than they currently do but suggest that if you find you are looking at images older than 3 years you can submit a request for a possible up-date,(they may/may not provide it).

Personally, images around 3 years old are not an issue for me, but boy what I'd give to have maximum resolution at extreme magnification.

For my application the ability to be able to see relative detail at, or near, ground level would provide an incredible tool for research into unknown areas.

Still, all-in-all it's eons ahead of what we had available ten years ago !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!