Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AFGA, AHEIA
Hunted
Alberta, Florida, Eastern Cape of South Africa x3
Last edited:
We should start pressuring airlines, hotels, etc. to not host or carry anti's from now on! After all, we are not trampling on anyone's rights like THEY ARE, and it might be fun to bash a Green Peace party or two! When is the next Peda conference and where?

Ignorance wins again.

I see the locations of the events has been removed from the Africa Expo website.

3500 online "signatures" of people who have not ever been near Saskatoon or stayed at this hotel.

Calgary will be on the next hit list.

Time to start our own little change petition.

Last edited:
I see the locations of the events has been removed from the Africa Expo website.

Do you think this is just to stop the cancellation from happening again at the next venue?

Let's get some participation here.

The change.org title suggestion:

THE TITLE:
Conservation in Action - Africa Hunting Expo

THE PEOPLE TO ADDRESS:

Coast Executives

Coast Hotels, Canada

Victor Komoda
Executive Vice President
k.komoda@coasthotels.com

Pia Collins
Executive Director, People & Culture
p.collins@coasthotels.com

Ben Guanzon
Executive Director, Information Technology
b.guanzon@coasthotels.com

Linda Hagen
Director, Brand Engagement
l.hagen@coasthotels.com

Mark Hope
Executive Director, Brand Development
m.hope@coasthotels.com

Manny Ilao
Director, Finance & Administration
m.ilao@coasthotels.com

Sarah Kirby Yung
Executive Director, Marketing & Communications
s.kirbyyung@coasthotels.com

EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM YOU WANT TO SOLVE:

What do you want to say here?

I was going to post on the Toronto cancellation that this foolishness wouldn't happen in Saskatoon. I'm very sad to see that I was wrong.

It is obvious that the author of the petition is clueless when she says that trophy hunting is "unethical" and "unsustainable".

Apparently the instigator of this petition does not like to share her details with the general public.

So, I thought it would help her generate some of her own attention by having people doing business avoid her company and perhaps do something that affects her living.

Apparently they organize gambling lotteries.
http://www.soasher.com/team.html

IMG_4020.JPG

Photo from the CTV report
IMG_4022.JPG

Don't you love FB.
lana stark fb.jpg

Her boss:
S Orme & Shirley Asher
(306) 244-0006
1401 Jackson Ave
Saskatoon SK S7H2M9

Perhaps a letter to her Boos and the Chamber about the loss of business to the community.

The Local Chamber:
Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce
104 - 202 4th Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0K1
Canada

Executive Director
Kent Smith-Windsor
(306) 244-2151
Fax: (306) 244-8366
Email: chamber@saskatoonchamber.com

Last edited:
Note the time of this press release. The snowball grows.

The Canadian Press
Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:48:00 CST

SASKATOON - The venue for an African hunting expo that’s to take place in Saskatoon next month is coming under some pressure to cancel.

The show by African Events Canada and African Hunting Gazette allows outfitters to showcase their safaris and expeditions.

But an online petition is calling for the Saskatoon Inn to pull out.

Petition organizer Lana Stark says the event promotes trophy hunting.

A Holiday Inn in Toronto last week cancelled its participation in a similar event after an animal justice lawyer organized an online petition.

The killing of Cecil the lion by a U.S. big-game hunter in Zimbabwe last summer drew international condemnation and sparked outrage among animal conservationists and politicians.

"Many, many others probably around the world feel hunting animals for sport is not only unethical, but unsustainable," Stark told CTV Saskatoon on Sunday.

The petition reads: “The Saskatoon Inn is set to host an African trophy hunting expo, which will promote the cruel and senseless slaughter of majestic animals on hunting safaris.”

It has gather more than 3,000 signatures since it began circulating on the weekend.

African Events Canada also has a hunting expo scheduled for Calgary in January.

(CTV Saskatoon)

Hunting in Africa is bad but setting up people to gamble their money away is OK??? Stupid f^^ks. These guys are selfish it boggles the mind. Too bad people in villages affected by this can't contact these idiots and explain why hunting is necessary. The animals are going to be killed anyway probably by poachers or spear. Bullet seems more ethical to me.
I wonder if the affected areas, governments can sue these guys. That would make for an interesting situation.

Business in Saskatoon is obviously great to be able to blow off convention business. Wonder how many other conventions want to go to Saskatoon in January.:ROFLMAO:

A letter that may assist to prevent the next one from falling.

I just whipped it up from the RECIPE of the ANTI HUNTER. It only seemed fair. :)))

Please do feel free to edit and add anything you might feel apropos.
Letter:

The Coast Hotel is set to host an African Hunting Expo, which will promote the conservation of majestic African Wildlife through the various Outfitters that will arrive from across Southern Africa. Organized by African Hunting Gazette and African Events Canada, the expo will connect Canadians with African Safari outfitters and allow them to demonstrate conservation in action. They are not just keyboard warriors meddling in matters they are ignorant of.

The Coast Hotel Conference Centre will be hosting an event that promotes conservation across southern Africa through the sustainable conservation of beautiful wild animals. On African safaris, hunters pay for the ongoing conservation of ALL animals through the fees they pay. Not just the most well known species.

Nothing is wasted in Africa. Nothing. Meat and other products go into feed and house the surrounding community and provide ongoing employment in the poorest of nations, in places most won't even venture.

Wildlife that may be hunted LEGALLY are always within a strict quota set through scientific agreement. CITES (https://www.cites.org/eng/app/index.php)

Endangered or threatened species are created through excessive, uncontrolled poaching and habitat loss. Legal hunting is recognized scientifically throughout the world as a sustainable use of wildlife resources. Much like our own Inuit that hunt in a sustainable manner and waste nothing. All hunting in Africa is controlled by strict laws and international treaties to which Canada is a party.

The common carriers in the US that recently refused to accept legal shipments without basis have found themselves subject to costly litigation for their breach of duty. Ignorance and lack of information have facilitated this costly knee jerk reaction on their part and currently several of these same companies have quietly changed their positions after they have learned the facts about Conservation in Africa.

It is imperative that the Coast Hotel support and play a role in the conservation of African Wildlife and by doing so supporting Africa’s poorest people by facilitating those with feet on the ground. Those people that are working hard on the front line of wildlife conservation.

The Coast Hotel can demonstrate the strong leadership that has made them a respected company by understanding community needs and supporting them. As Past President Robert Platt, said during a local fundraiser for the Salvation Army. “Bringing our community together to support two exceptional causes is so rewarding,”

Africa’s people and Wildlife needs all of our help, and who better than the people who live and work on the ground every day to do so. Those going on Safari understand this imperative. African Wildlife needs our help before it's too late.

Please ensure the expo’s success and help African Wildlife Conservation!

Sincerely,

Calgary will obviously be next on the agenda. We've already lost an SCI fundraiser at the zoo.

Can we do anything proactively to keep this from happening to our show? Losing one or two might slow this wave down . . .

Can we do anything proactively to keep this from happening to our show? Losing one or two might slow this wave down . . .

That was why i stole the change.org letter and am in the midst of emailing every exhibitor to ask for
THEIR PERSONAL FACTS AND STORIES ON:
POACHING
ANTI POACHING
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
CONSERVATION SUCCESSES
ETC

So it could be added to the letter and change.org petition and educate the damned hotel executive BEFORE the next idiot starts a F^&*(ing CECIL letter to them.

I just got this EDIT by PM.
THANKS.
I have no Ego on this one guys and gals. This is a community effort to get this done properly.

I thought your letter was great and I am just suggesting some stylistic changes. I hope it helps:

The Coast Hotel is set to host an African Hunting Expo, which will promote the conservation of majestic African Wildlife through the various Outfitters that will arrive from across Southern Africa. Organized by African Hunting Gazette and African Events Canada, the expo will connect Canadians with African Safari outfitters and allow them to demonstrate conservation in action. Unfortunately, similar events across Canada have been cancelled due to the malicious actions of misinformed activists. We are writing to provide you with the information and resources you need to understand how this expo promotes conservation across southern Africa through the sustainable conservation of wild animals. The hunting industry in Africa directly benefits African wildlife, and the local communities. We are asking you to support this vital aspect of conservation and not be swayed by misinformation.

Endangered or threatened species are created through excessive, uncontrolled poaching and habitat loss. Legal hunting is recognized scientifically throughout the world as a sustainable use of wildlife resources. Much like our own Inuit that hunt in a sustainable manner and waste nothing. All hunting in Africa is controlled by strict laws and international treaties to which Canada is a party. Wildlife that may be hunted LEGALLY are always within a strict quota set through scientific agreement. CITES (https://www.cites.org/eng/app/index.php) .

Sustainable hunting in Africa, just like in North America, has accounted for a dramatic growth in the number of wild game. In South Africa (insert some stats here) and in Namibia (statistics). Similarly, iconic animal such as the elephant and Cape Buffalo are abundant where they are protected as a aspect of sustainable hunting activities. By contrast, countries such as Kenya do not allow hunting and their animal populations have been decimated (stat here)

On African safaris, hunters pay for the ongoing conservation of ALL animals through the fees they pay. Not just the most well known species. Nothing is wasted in Africa. Nothing. Meat and other products go into feed and house the surrounding community and provide ongoing employment in the poorest of nations, in places most won't even venture.

Unfortunately, the common carriers in the US that recently refused to accept legal shipments without basis have found themselves subject to costly litigation for their breach of duty. Ignorance and lack of information have facilitated this costly knee jerk reaction on their part and currently several of these same companies have quietly changed their positions after they have learned the facts about Conservation in Africa.

It is imperative that the Coast Hotel support and play a role in the conservation of African Wildlife and by doing so supporting Africa’s poorest people by facilitating those with feet on the ground. Those people that are working hard on the front line of wildlife conservation.

The Coast Hotel can demonstrate the strong leadership that has made them a respected company by understanding community needs and supporting them. As Past President Robert Platt, said during a local fundraiser for the Salvation Army. “Bringing our community together to support two exceptional causes is so rewarding,”

Africa’s people and Wildlife needs all of our help, and who better than the people who live and work on the ground every day to do so. Those going on Safari understand this imperative. African Wildlife needs our help before it's too late.

Please ensure the expo’s success and help African Wildlife Conservation! You can obtain further information from…..

Thanks.

As a lawyer I'd be interested to see Brigit's contract . . . obviously these are becoming more important than ever now.

far better than anything i could ever come up with!!!!

Apparently the instigator of this petition does not like to share her details with the general public.

So, I thought it would help her generate some of her own attention by having people doing business avoid her company and perhaps do something that affects her living.

Apparently they organize gambling lotteries.
http://www.soasher.com/team.html

View attachment 52748

Photo from the CTV report
View attachment 52754

Don't you love FB.
View attachment 52753

Her boss:
S Orme & Shirley Asher
(306) 244-0006
1401 Jackson Ave
Saskatoon SK S7H2M9

Perhaps a letter to her Boos and the Chamber about the loss of business to the community.

The Local Chamber:
Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce
104 - 202 4th Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0K1
Canada

Executive Director
Kent Smith-Windsor
(306) 244-2151
Fax: (306) 244-8366
Email: chamber@saskatoonchamber.com

The reason these people feel so empowered is they can hide behind a petition. Brick your exposing her along with her employer and photo is brilliant. Being exposed on the internet will certainly give these nutters pause the next time they attack us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross