Safari Club International Convention 2010

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic and guilty of thread creep....but I keep hearing that SCI is going to leave Reno and come to Dallas. Can anyone confirm/deny this rumor?

CK1, This is not off topic. These rumors about SCI going to Dallas were indeed going around, but for now SCI has already started planning for the 2011 Convention that will be held again in Reno, Nevada on Jan. 26-29. The 2012 Convention is supposed to take place in Vegas from what I have heard...

Off topic, but just want to say to Buckcurtin that you have picked a good host in Charlton McCallum Safaris. They run a very good operation and i know Myles who is a damn good hunter. Have a good one out there and give us a full report when you get back. Cheers,

Amazing photos Jerome, wish to be there next year Thanks

Monish

CK1 from what I have heard - 2011 Reno, 2012 Vegas, 2013 Dallas.

Jerome, I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of performing a little digital magic, and lightened and cropped the image of the most unbelievable Buff I think I have ever seen in recent times! I have only ever seen Buffalo of this magnitude in vintage hunting photos, such as those that appear in Peter Beard's "The End of The Game", which - while dealing from a more conservation and protection point of view, has chapters containing some absolutely amazing photos from African hunting days gone by.
1734d1265648121-just-back-safari-club-international-convention-2010-sci-2010-capebuffalofrnt-proflefullmnts_monarchtaxi.litecrpsft.jpg

Thanks again for this site, and for keeping us all informed as to events such as the SCI Convention!

John.

Attachments

• SCI-2010-CapeBuffaloFrnt,ProfleFullMnts_MonarchTaxi.LiteCrpSft.jpg
    SCI-2010-CapeBuffaloFrnt,ProfleFullMnts_MonarchTaxi.LiteCrpSft.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Rats!

Thought I found this beast when he was alive ... but alas! He's big all right, just not big enough!
1781d1266203220-just-back-safari-club-international-convention-2010-sci-2010-capebuffalofrnt-proflefullmnts_monarchtaxi.litecrpsftcomp.jpg

I keep searching my files ...

Good hunting!
John.

Attachments

• SCI-2010-CapeBuffaloFrnt,ProfleFullMnts_MonarchTaxi.LiteCrpSftComp.jpg
    SCI-2010-CapeBuffaloFrnt,ProfleFullMnts_MonarchTaxi.LiteCrpSftComp.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing trophies.

Thanks

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross