SAFARI CLOTHING - POLL

Do you prefer Cammo Clothing or Earth Colours?

• Cammo

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Earth (Grey, Brown, Green, Olive, Stone, Khaki)

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters
Earth tones work for me. And don't forget to get a few size 4XL's for us little guys.:eek:

Earth tones or olive green for me. I really, really like my Boyt Safari Jacket - it's become so much a staple jacket that I had to buy a second one. I also have the vest variant - just great stuff for shrugging off the thorns.

I brought a fleece jacket but the acacia thorns tore it up fast. It was good for cool mornings but I let it go in favor of the far more durable Safari Jacket.

I like Prana Stretch Zion pants. Ex-Officio does ok on lightweight shirts in neutral tones. I've since gone to Boyt cotton shirts too (nabbed a sale at just the right time and got them cheap!).

Mechanix gloves are nice for walking around - I cut the shooting finger off and couldn't be happier. Runner up would be baseball batting gloves or deerskin ropers.

Hat: 3.5" broad brimmed REI explorer hat - vented. REI Paddler's Hat at REI.com I'd consider a Tilley Airflow as an alternative.

I definitely like pants over shorts - my buddy wore shorts and his legs just got chewed up bad by the thorns and the like.

I miss Africa every day...

I like all of it, camo, green, tans. I have a camo bomber style jacket I wear in the mornings when its chilly out. Around the fire at night I have a old khaki quilted NRA coat I wear. Long pants and long sleeves for me. If I wear shorts invariably I end having to crawl over rocks and thorns! Long sleeves are what I wear year round, I just roll em up.

Billc for you I will do anything, will get you your pink chick gear as requested on the special requests section of the booking form. :rock:

Taking different seasons into consideration is of importance, however the clothes should not just be worn on the hunt in South Africa but also on other continents and should fit with that climates as well.

All them comments makes one have some homework to do, but I enjoy it. Nothing gives more satisfaction than having a Happy Client.

Loodt I myself like the camo but if your going to work it for all hunting country's then there is no Option earth tones. If they are european clients or someone may wish to use them in Europe the Hunting Custom is Earth Tone and Camo is frond on. Long sleeve shirts just in case its cold if its hot they can roll them up the long sleeves will also protect their arms from thorns. as for the Jacket and pullover Fleece if its warm their not going to need it anyhow.

Wow, what an amazing response gents, THANK YOU! :rock: You left me with even more work over my weekend, summarizing and keeping everyone satisfied with the choices, leather, camo or earth tones!!! Once, I have an idea of what our apparel range will look like, I will continue to post to this thread and ask your final opinions - with pictures and branding on.

leather..... works well....
LOL, which color you want?

Keep'em coming, needing a couple more opinions. :callme:

Shirt: long sleeves, earth tones.

Cap: earth tones.

Jacket: cotton, earth tones.

Pull over, fleece, camo.

Thanks.

Jose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg