Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
KZN Hunting & Conservation, CHASA, NRA
Hunted
USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
This is not humorous.

I have had at least 20 emails in the last few weeks phishing for ABSA passwords. These have gone to mutiple SA accounts on Telkom and through our company server. I have also had the same emails on my personal AOL account.

Today we had a customer contact us over payments. Very good looking documents were emailed to them showing that all payments should be made to a new Nedbank account, that is not ours.

I may be the poster boy for this kak but you may want to consider some extra vigilance.

saeng101

You need to change your pass word ASAP...
This should be able to stop some one from using your account when you are not using it.
Check and make sure that you still have administrator ability on your computer to make changes.
Last year a Trojan i picked up removed me as the administrator on my computer. If that is the case take the battery out of your computer and put on a stretcher and transport your computer to a computer hospital for repairs.

Some simple computer cleaning up should be completed daily to remove key trackers you have picked up.

Since the US gov has stopped blocking the Trojans and tracking virus that are being sent daily. Computer users need to be more alert to activity on there computer.

There are some very good free programs to use. You will need to do manual updating prior to scans.

This is not humorous.

I have had at least 20 emails in the last few weeks phishing for ABSA passwords. These have gone to mutiple SA accounts on Telkom and through our company server. I have also had the same emails on my personal AOL account.

Today we had a customer contact us over payments. Very good looking documents were emailed to them showing that all payments should be made to a new Nedbank account, that is not ours.

I may be the poster boy for this kak but you may want to consider some extra vigilance.

Passwords are changed often. This is a case where it was organized fraud, to the point that fake letter heads were used. There is some possibility that it was done in the customers AP system. The phishing is a wide search, we don't even use ABSA. Have a a forensic guy on it now. We have a back up system that copies every move on all computers on the server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,