AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, DU, SCI, NRA
Someone from my home town wants me to take a camera over to the outfitter in South Africa for them. They had an earlier trip with the same outfitter and intended on this camera to be part of the tip. I'm just wondering, are there any issues taking a new-in-the-box camera into South Africa as a gift? Any import taxes, etc. that I'll need to pay? Thanks, Randy.

Pack the camera in your carry on bag. You should not have any issues.

Someone from my home town wants me to take a camera over to the outfitter in South Africa for them. They had an earlier trip with the same outfitter and intended on this camera to be part of the tip. I'm just wondering, are there any issues taking a new-in-the-box camera into South Africa as a gift? Any import taxes, etc. that I'll need to pay? Thanks, Randy.

With Mr. Grage in your carry on, no one knows its a permanent import... You'll be just fine..
My best always.

If you're worried, leave the box behind. Charge the battery, take a few pictures around the house, attach the carry strap .... Looks like your camera or back-up camera. Regardless, put it in your carry-on.

Thanks for all the advice and input. I'm hoping that in just a couple of weeks I'll be able to offer advice/help to others, I'm sure I still won't be an expert, but at least I will have a first hand experience of Africa!

Thanks for all the advice and input. I'm hoping that in just a couple of weeks I'll be able to offer advice/help to others, I'm sure I still won't be an expert, but at least I will have a first hand experience of Africa!

Camera, pictures, stories. You will be the expert of your hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross