Russell Boots

Discussion in 'Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics' started by FFemt5287, Nov 21, 2009.

1. FFemt5287

FFemt5287 AH Senior Member

Member of:
    SCI, NRA, DRSS
    Just ordered a pair of Russell Moccasin Co "Mbogo" boots in cape buffalo hide. Wondering if anyone had any experience with them?
  2. Red Leg

Red Leg GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI NRA DSC life memberships
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada
    I have their PH model and love them.
  3. Macs B

Macs B AH Veteran

My Photos:
    I ordered my PH-IIs after reading Jeromes article on this site. I think that was how I actually found this site, now that I think about it. They are an amazing boot, highest quality without question. I've tried a lot of boots in my expereince the Russel is the very best made. Take good care of your feet.
  4. monish

monish AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    AfricaHunting.com
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
    FFemt,

Have MBOGO, and the GRAND SLAM Sheep hunter boots, fine gripp and keep the ankles safe.

Monish
  5. chad

chad AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, NWTF
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    I have a pair of the ph II's, the ones with the crepe sole. when I was in S. Africa last year, the ph's commented on how quiet they were and asked for information on where to purchase them. they are great. I have some pull ons as well, and because they are true "mocassins", they have no insoles. I picked up some insoles for arch support and tyey now are like hunting in bedroom slippers
  6. 505ED

505ED AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC,NRA,DRSS
    Hunted:
    North America, South America, South Africa
    I have a set of there African PH's, and a pair of their sheep hunters--good boots, for africa I prefer the courtney shoes for my feet, but the russells are top notch... I love my sheep hunters!!!

Ed
  7. grumpy

grumpy New Member

Member of:
    Blesbok club
    Where do you buy these boots in SA and what price?
  8. Lpart

Lpart AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA, NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB
    Hunted:
    I have a pair of PH's and High Country Hunters. Had the latter resoled this year and the PH's refurbished. I have had them both for over 15 years. They are a lifetime boot with care and periodic maintenance. Nothing is more comfortable on my feet.
  9. Double D

Double D AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Canada, Kyrgyzstan
    I have tried lots of boots including courtneys and others. I liked the courtneys when I got them and hunted with them in Tanzania. Then I got a pair of Russel PH's and I have not put on anything else for hunting in Africa since then. They are light, quiet, and easy on the feet. After my rifle they are the most important hunting gear I have.
  10. grumpy

grumpy New Member

Member of:
    Blesbok club
    Where can we buy these boots in SA???????????
  11. converse320

converse320 AH Member

Member of:
    BASC
  12. grumpy

grumpy New Member

Member of:
    Blesbok club
    Sportsmans footwear. Where in SA are they and do you have a contact number please.

Thanks
    Johann
    armour1@live.co.za
  13. Skyline

Skyline AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Life Member, MLOA, DU, MWF, MTA
    grumpy....................I see you are not getting an answer to your specific question. I do not believe that there are Russell Moccasin Co. dealers and that you have to order direct from the company. They will ship anywhere in the world.

Their website is Russell Moccasin Co. - Sportsmen's Footwear Since 1898 - Fine handmade custom fitted moccasin style boots and shoes for hunters and outdoors men and women!

Don't take what I say as gospel as I could easily be wrong. Go to their website and send them an e-mail and get it from the horses mouth.

Cheers!
  14. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    grumpy, I just called Russell Moccasin Co., they do not have any dealers selling their products in South Africa but as Skyline mentioned if you order online through their website, they will ship their products anywhere in the world...
  15. grumpy

grumpy New Member

Member of:
    Blesbok club
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Looking at another hiking boot in SA.
  16. browningbbr

browningbbr AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Northeast Wisconsin Chapter, NRA, Local Sportsmen's Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    Holy crap! I've been shooting the Iron Man 250 tournament at the Berlin Conservation Club in Berlin, WI for the last 12 years and didn't even know that Russell Moccasin was located there. Talk about missed opportunity!

Looks like I'll have to pay those nice folks a visit...

- browningbbr
  17. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, DU, DSC
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania
    I will be the one dissenting voice on this thread.

In January my wife was fitted in the Russell booth at the SCI convention. We received the boots about 4 weeks late. They were at least two sizes too big. We sent them back with specific instructions (plus they had the measurements they took). The boots arrived about mid August (two weeks prior to us leaving for Moz and Zim). They still did not fit. As of today they are not sorted out.

This seems to be a common theme with Russell recently. I own a pair that I want different soles but have been scared to send them back to Russell.