Ruger RSM .416 Rigby

And me three!

Guys, what is the actual bore of a 404, vs a 416 Rigby? I dont think I've ever had a 404 Jeffery in my hands. Could a Rigby be re- done or would one want to start with something like a 375?

I'm likely going to end up with two Rigby's.
You can go from .375 to .404 Jeff. Call Champlin Arms in Enid OK. Ask to speak to J.J. Perideau. He can do a conversion, but I have no idea how much it will cost. 15807471805. I had talked to him around Christmas about another issue.

Last edited:
Idaram, unless I missed it wheres the pic of your new shooter gun?

Idaram, unless I missed it wheres the pic of your new shooter gun?
I am ashamed to say I haven't posted one 'cuz I haven't taken any :oops:
I will rectify the situation! You caught me slackin' gizmo :D

Of that above question begs to ask further... How can you improve on the 416 Rigby... I am not sure you can!?
I don't think you could improve on it. It would just be a matter of having a RSM in another of Africa's romantic calibers. And the way you are spending time and money hunting in Africa, that could be your primary gun 2 or 3 safaris down the road!

I'll let it slide this time, it happens to the best of us. Just for good measure though here's my new CZ 550
image.jpg

Very nice gizmo! .375 H&H if I remember correctly? It may end up being the favorite gun in your safe (y)

OK, I've mended the error in my ways :D The terrible trio...
image.jpg
image.jpg

.416 Rigby on the left, .375 H&H in the middle and .30-'06 on the right.
The .375 stock is a bit plain and straight grained, but the Rigby and '06 have alot of beautiful fiddle-back and character to the grain.
Once Bob finds a .404 Jeffery we'll have a pretty complete collection :D

We need more close-ups and angles on that '06!

Btw that's an awesome big horn you got there. When and where did you get it?

gorgeous trio!

Btw that's an awesome big horn you got there. When and where did you get it?
That's what she said!

Sorry, couldn't resist;)

Thanks gizmo! I got him in 2013. He's an Idaho Unit 26 Ram. Unit 26 is a wilderness unit in the heart of the Frank Church Wilderness. I drew 1 of only 2 tags for the late hunt in that unit. He is truly a Ram of a lifetime - 11 1/2 years old with a huge body. My taxi had to add 4 inches of length and 2 inches of width to the form. Definitely a dream come true and a big ole check in the bucket list :D

Dan I'm just in awe....

And about that sheep as well! Wow what a great place to hunt and get such a wonderful trophy!

Thanks shuter :)
And thank you Bob.

What did you shoot the sheep with?

Great looking rifles

I shot him with a stainless Ruger Hawkeye in .280 Rem with a 140 gr Nosler Accubond. 1 frontal chest shot and he died in his bed. He was with 5 smaller Rams. that scattered at the shot but came back to him when he didn't get up. The number 2 Ram head butted him and that was enough for him to tumble off the ledge he was bedded on. I think my heart stopped there for a minute :eek: No major damage (y):D

If you got luck drawing tags like that you should invest in some lottery tickets! Excellent guns, excellent ram. You sir are a blessed man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois