Ruger RSM .416 Rigby

Don't tell me you bought the set.... :A Samurai:
Ha Ha no... Just put that out there to see if a couple of these more hard core Ruger guys might short out their keyboards with the drool. :Wacky:

Just what will that bring?

Ha Ha no... Just put that out there to see if a couple of these more hard core Ruger guys might short out their keyboards with the drool. :Wacky:

Just what will that bring?
Just looked at a RSM .416 on Gunbroker, someone put a muzzle brake on it! Who does that to a gorgeous rifle?

Just looked at a RSM .416 on Gunbroker, someone put a muzzle brake on it! Who does that to a gorgeous rifle?
Yea need Royal's "don't like" button for that!

I saw that one too sierraone. Thought the exact same thing! :E Doh: :E Angry:

I'm not as opposed to muzzle brakes as most around here are. I think they serve a purpose. That doesn't however; mean they aren't ugly as sin!!!!

Why would anyone take a picture of one to sell with the brake on??? Put a cap on it for gosh sake!!!!

Ok I got a couple pictures. My CZ feeds fine with brass cartridges, but the top end chromed ones like Norma, still pop out... I got some course sand paper and scuffed them up just a bit and now they work... Saw a TV show where a hunter was rubbing his cartriges in the sand to scuff them up.

Have not shot it yet but got my Ruger RSM 505 Gibbs the other day. It feeds all loads great but only holds two. And cannot really get one in the chamber either.

Second pic is 505 Gibbs solid, 223 rem, 30-06, 375 Ruger, 375 H&H, 416 Rem Mag, 416 Rigby, 458 Lott, and 505 Gibbs. The rigby is a darn big case, but not as big as the Gibbs.... My Rigby feeds great but it is also a RSM. And my 375 H&H and 416 Rem Mag are Winchester M70's and feed smooth as silk. The only CZ rifle I own is the 505 Gibbs.

The jeweled bolt is the CZ.

two-505-gibbs-guns-jpg.39711

505-gibbs-comparison-jpg.39713
505-bolts-2-jpg.39712
505-bolts-3-jpg.39714
505-gibbs-bolts-jpg.39715

Last edited by a moderator:
Drug that above post over from a CZ 505 Gibbs thread. But you can see my Ruger RSM 505 Gibbs here in comparison. I am loving these guns so much I'm in the process of getting a second one in 416 Rigby... This time a newer and much nicer one with the barrel band sling mount out front. Had a great conversation with the old Gent who owns it. He shot a buffalo in Africa with one clean shot with it. Got a feeling I'll have to stay in touch with him!

I'll post up the 458 Lott as soon as I get the picture over from my phone.

@IdaRam The book I got with the 458 Lott says they made the RSM in in 404 Jeffery as well... Do you know if they ever actually produced those? If they did, it is going to lighten my checkbook just a tad more!

@IdaRam The book I got with the 458 Lott says they made the RSM in in 404 Jeffery as well... Do you know if they ever actually produced those? If they did, it is going to lighten my checkbook just a tad more!
I wish I knew Bob. Unless they made a few special run guns for someone, kinda like they did with that .505 of yours for Great Northern, my understanding is that they made 1 or possibly 2 guns in .404 Jeffery and that was it. I don't believe any ever left the factory. Don't quote me on that as it is just 2nd hand scuttlebutt. I'm going to look into it a little further with a couple folks who would probably know. I'll let ya know if I hear anything interesting.

All three of those are darn fine looking guns! You are making me very jealous Bob :sneaky:

I wish I knew Bob. Unless they made a few special run guns for someone, kinda like they did with that .505 of yours for Great Northern, my understanding is that they made 1 or possibly 2 guns in .404 Jeffery and that was it. I don't believe any ever left the factory. Don't quote me on that as it is just 2nd hand scuttlebutt. I'm going to look into it a little further with a couple folks who would probably know. I'll let ya know if I hear anything interesting.

Do I perceive a new search mission for Bob?

:sneaky: Heh heh heh. Sounds like a challenge :D

And me three!

Guys, what is the actual bore of a 404, vs a 416 Rigby? I dont think I've ever had a 404 Jeffery in my hands. Could a Rigby be re- done or would one want to start with something like a 375?

I'm likely going to end up with two Rigby's.

Of that above question begs to ask further... How can you improve on the 416 Rigby... I am not sure you can!?

Bore diameter on a .404 Jeff is .423. I think you would probably need to start with something smaller than .416.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross