Ruger RCM rifles

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by richteb, Aug 27, 2009.

1. richteb

richteb AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SSAA,Military Pistol Club
    Hunted:
    Australia,Zimbabwe
    Recently Ruger through its agent in Australia issued a recall concerning Ruger rifles in their RCM calibers. Apparently there is some concern regarding the securing bolt for the rear sight. Dealers have been asked to inspect the bolt hole in the barrel to ensure that it has not been drilled to deep into the barrel.

I am wondering if this is something that only affects us here in Aus. and has there been rifles that have actually had a problem?

2. Red Leg

Red Leg GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI NRA DSC life memberships
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique
    Nothing heard here. There was a recall on one of their handguns (SR series?), but nothing on rifles. Of course, a couple of gas jets on the top of the barrel might do wonders for barrel flip on those snappy short mags!

3. Macs B

Macs B AH Veteran

My Photos:
    that's a whole new kind of magna porting!

4. Ray Atkinson

Ray Atkinson AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Dallas
    Hunted:
    RSA, Botswana, CAR, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Kenya way back when, and a few others that I can't remember.
    What you are worried about is not even a argueable comment, It could happen with any brand of rifle, but it would be extremely rare indeed with any manufacturer.

Anything built by man can have hiccups, and get by inspection. I have seen most every brand of rifle fail at one time or another for various reasons. Fortunatly its the exception rather than the rule.

Rugers are well made firearms.