Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA,Military Pistol Club
Hunted
Australia,Zimbabwe
Recently Ruger through its agent in Australia issued a recall concerning Ruger rifles in their RCM calibers. Apparently there is some concern regarding the securing bolt for the rear sight. Dealers have been asked to inspect the bolt hole in the barrel to ensure that it has not been drilled to deep into the barrel.

I am wondering if this is something that only affects us here in Aus. and has there been rifles that have actually had a problem?

Nothing heard here. There was a recall on one of their handguns (SR series?), but nothing on rifles. Of course, a couple of gas jets on the top of the barrel might do wonders for barrel flip on those snappy short mags!

that's a whole new kind of magna porting!

What you are worried about is not even a argueable comment, It could happen with any brand of rifle, but it would be extremely rare indeed with any manufacturer.

Anything built by man can have hiccups, and get by inspection. I have seen most every brand of rifle fail at one time or another for various reasons. Fortunatly its the exception rather than the rule.

Rugers are well made firearms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross