Ruger 375 H&H Houston For Sale

Very nice - great scope as well VX-6? Have a great trip and look forward to the hunting report.

dt

Very nice - great scope as well VX-6? Have a great trip and look forward to the hunting report.

dt

Yup, VX-6 2-12. I really like it. I have had Swarovski and Nightforce...this Leupold is as good to my eyes as either. Of course, my eyes are 57+ years old and probably not as discerning as they used to be!

I absolutely love that 300!

I absolutely love that 300!

It shoots, too.

I can get 2,850 with 220gr Partitions, 3100 with 180gr TTSX and I have a number of loads that shoot under MOA (and that's with my crappy eyes and nerves).

I have run the 180 TTSX up to 3150, but at that speed, I get a slight stick on the opening of the action....3100 is the safe max. This is with 7828 SSC in a 26 inch bbl with a long throat.

Well, at the risk of making myself a liar......

My son is buying a Ruger **NOT**PERMITTED** Scout and he says he absolutely wants to put the Nikon on it....so I am going to yank the Nikon from this for sale ad.

Truth is...I am about a gnat's eyelash from pulling the rifle too. I am getting cold feet about selling it!

If it isn't sold by the time I wake up tomorrow, I will take that as a sign that I need to keep it!

Devine intervention, keep it Tim!

Would you sell some of the bullets? Interested in the 300 gr noslers

If I didn't already have the 375H&H block covered I would be interested. But it will go to someone that has a hole in the calibers in the safe.

Would you sell some of the bullets? Interested in the 300 gr noslers

If I didn't already have the 375H&H block covered I would be interested. But it will go to someone that has a hole in the calibers in the safe.

Hi Dave

If I sell the rifle and the buyer does not scarf up all the bullets, I will certainly let you have your shot at them!

I have about 1,000 of the 300gr Nosler Partitions...half first quality and half factory seconds.

If the rifle stays with me, I still might sell some of the bullets. A man does not really need this many 375 bullets...a couple thousand ought to be sufficient!

There I go, getting practical again! ;)

There I go, getting practical again! ;)

Just over a month from leaving for Africa is no time to get practical!!! :A Bonk::A Naughty:

I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around these new bureaucratic nightmare export regs!

I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around these new bureaucratic nightmare export regs!

I'm just going to use SSI and worry about something else, like the size of my blue duiker! :)

Guys,
Practicality has no place in firearms accumulation and it isn't the size of your blue duiker, it's how you use it!lol
-Cody

Keep the 375!!! It has a good home!

Ok, the Nikon is off the 375, waiting to go on son's Scout.

I am going to put a NEGC peep on the 375 (had one on my 45-70 No 1 and loved it) and just keep it as a short-range thumper, to complement the Kudu.

Sounds like a plan. What rifle is it that you refer to as the Kudu?

Ok gents, I have come full circle on this several times.

After my trip to RSA I have a bug for something new and different...and the 375 is not enough different from the 300 H&H so the 375 is back on the block.

I will honor the original price of $850 ftf or plus actual costs to get the rifle to you.

I sold some bullets, but still have:

944 300 gr Nosler Partitions at 50 cents each
450 260gr Nosler Partitions at 50 cents each
200 250gr Barnes TTSX at 75 cents each
229 250gr Hornady GMX at 70 cents each
240 270gr Hornady RN at 25 cents each
~1,000 Lyman 255gr cast at 20 cents each

I will do local ftf sales of smaller lots of bullets, but in the interest of not making 20 trips to the Post Office, let's say the minimum bullet order is $100. Bullet prices are plus shipping.

This 375 still has the Trop safety (no, I have not scavenged it to put on my 300! :) ).

Thanks for looking,

Tim

Ok gents, I have come full circle on this several times.

After my trip to RSA I have a bug for something new and different...and the 375 is not enough different from the 300 H&H so the 375 is back on the block.

I will honor the original price of $850 ftf or plus actual costs to get the rifle to you.

I sold some bullets, but still have:

944 300 gr Nosler Partitions at 50 cents each
450 260gr Nosler Partitions at 50 cents each
200 250gr Barnes TTSX at 75 cents each
229 250gr Hornady GMX at 70 cents each
240 270gr Hornady RN at 25 cents each
~1,000 Lyman 255gr cast at 20 cents each

I will do local ftf sales of smaller lots of bullets, but in the interest of not making 20 trips to the Post Office, let's say the minimum bullet order is $100. Bullet prices are plus shipping.

This 375 still has the Trop safety (no, I have not scavenged it to put on my 300! :) ).

Thanks for looking,

Tim
Tim - Are considering selling your 300 H&H?

dt

Tim - Are considering selling your 300 H&H?

dt

Nope! :)

It would be exceedingly difficult to replace, given there are only 249 others like it circulating, and most of those are part of 5-rifle collections and not available for sale individually.

I cannot imagine how much it would take to pry that rifle from my hands...but it would probably be double what I paid for it!

And no, that is not a solicitation! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.