Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
371 1.jpg
375 2.jpg

Ok, need to generate some cash for other things and I feel like it is going to be years before I can justify a trip that needs this rifle.

Currently has a Nikon African 1-4x mounted in low Ruger Matte rings...will sell with or without the scope.

Rifle has aftermarket safety that reduces chances of the brass catching on it ( http://www.tropgun.com/trop-replacement-safety-ruger-1-safety/ ).

Nice wood...shot little.

I also have about 3,500 various bullets I will sell either with the rifle or separate (260 and 300 gr Partitions, 270gr Hornady RN, 250 gr Barnes TTSX, 250gr Hornady GMX and Lyman 375248 cast). Some of the Partitions are first and some are seconds. The Hornady are seconds but you'd never know it. Actuaslly, that's true of the Noslers as well.

$850 plus actual shipping/fees for the rifle. Extra $200 gets the Nikon with it.

Buyer of rifle gets first dibs on scope and bullets. Have some brass too.

Noslers will go for $0.50 each plus shipping. Hornady for $0.30 each plus shipping. Barnes are $0.80 each plus shipping. GMX are $0.70 each plus shipping and Lyman cast are $0.25 each plus shipping.

No bullets sell until the rifle is gone and the buyer has passed on the bullets. Ditto the scope.

Let me know if you need additional pictures.

Thanks for looking,

Tim

Tarbe it is a nice looking rifle. I just bought the ruger #1 in 458 Lott or I would be talking to you. Thus rifle appears to have upgraded wood. Do you know what it is?
Folks this is a good price fir the rifle and I can tell you they shoot like a dream!

Nice rifle Tim, if I didn't have one already I would buy yours in a second! I like the way you think, a wise man never goes to sleep without at least 3000 .375 bullets on the shelf at night.
Cheers,
Cody

Thus rifle appears to have upgraded wood. Do you know what it is?

Factory wood! It is one of the nicer No 1 stocks I have seen.

I like the way you think, a wise man never goes to sleep without at least 3000 .375 bullets on the shelf at night.
Cheers,
Cody

If I had any sense I would keep the rifle and the bullets. Sometimes I am too practical....but I have managed to stay married to the same good woman all my adult life so that is a benefit.

If I had any sense I would keep the rifle and the bullets. Sometimes I am too practical....but I have managed to stay married to the same good woman all my adult life so that is a benefit.
Indeed a rather large accomplishment, I have not been so fortunate, thus I find myself snuggled up on cold nights next to a .375 or some other tramp I picked up in a gun store.lol
Reckon I just haven't found a good one yet, woman that is, had some damn good .375's .
I'm going to call a buddy of mine that is in the market for a rifle like yours, I'll let you know

Great gun at a great price. Only a fool in the market for a .375 H&H ruger no. 1 would pass on this one. Most have crap wood and this one is spectacular! $50+ trop safety added is gravy.

I wouldn't have taken a dime less than $1250 for this gun and it would surely sell at that price.

Hope the buyer is extremely grateful for the deal you've given him!

Great gun at a great price. Only a fool in the market for a .375 H&H ruger no. 1 would pass on this one. Most have crap wood and this one is spectacular! $50+ trop safety added is gravy.

I wouldn't have taken a dime less than $1250 for this gun and it would surely sell at that price.

Hope the buyer is extremely grateful for the deal you've given him!

I want anyone I do business with to walk away happy. More important to me than an extra fist full of dollars.

I hope someone on AH gets it!

Tarbe have you sold this gun? I have a neighbor who might be interested.

Tarbe have you sold this gun? I have a neighbor who might be interested.

22.5 hours and counting...not sold yet!

I have a feeling it won't last long though. I know the guys on here well enough to know they cannot resist a deal! :)

Thanks for passing it along sir!

Tim

Sure are making it hard Tim. Beautiful rifle. I do have a gap between a .338, .416 and .470.....lol

Sure are making it hard Tim. Beautiful rifle. I do have a gap between a .338, .416 and .470.....lol

Wes,

I will sweeten the offer for Tim. If you buy it he will personally deliver it to Hempstead! :A Scooter:

Wes,

I will sweeten the offer for Tim. If you buy it he will personally deliver it to Hempstead! :A Scooter:

Haha...exactly! I can have it to you in about 30 minutes...during rush hour!:P Driver:

Haha...exactly! I can have it to you in about 30 minutes...during rush hour!:P Driver:

So it is settled!!!! Go Wes!!!! LOL

Is this related to the Boddington series?

No sir...that is my other Number 1! The Kudu in 300 H&H. :)

The 375 in the Boddington series is a 375 Ruger....this is the H&H is is a catalog normal No 1H Tropical...just with unusually nice wood.

Tim

FYI - I had this rifle out of the safe tonight...it does have a couple minor dings. Nothing you can see without a close look. But the rifle has been shot, has had ear muffs on the butt, and is not perfect. But is is very good...and nice. Especially for the price!

No sir...that is my other Number 1! The Kudu in 300 H&H. :)

The 375 in the Boddington series is a 375 Ruger....this is the H&H is is a catalog normal No 1H Tropical...just with unusually nice wood.

Tim
Thanks Tim - lets talk about your 300 H&H! Thanks for the response. Have been looking at these rifles for some time now.

dt

Oh, and I have a couple bullets to get you stocked up! Like over 3,000. :)

Thanks Tim - lets talk about your 300 H&H! Thanks for the response. Have been looking at these rifles for some time now.

dt

The 300 is going to Africa in May. It would take a pile of money to get that pupply from my hands!
photo (6).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross