RSA Elephant Hunt Available

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by Alex McDonald, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Alex McDonald

Alex McDonald SPONSOR AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Professional Hunters Association South Africa, International Professional Hunters Association, AMOS Mozambique
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Central African Republic
    Good day everybody

I have the pleasure in letting you all know that I have now got an "Up to 40 Pound" Elephant available to hunt in the APNR of South Africa. This Hunt must be conducted in the 2014 calendar year according to CITES.

Duration: 10 Days hunting
    Suggested period: August 15 - September 31
    Price: $35,000 (Package rate)
    Includes: 10 days hunting, fully catered accommodation, trophy fee, license fee, PH, vehicle and trackers.

This safari is not to be sub-leased.
    If there are any questions please feel free to contact me by email :alexmcdonald0@gmail.com

Best Regards
    Happy Hunting
    Alex McDonald

2. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Good deal Alex

3. Royal27

Royal27 BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA - TX, CO, GAZim, SA (Next!)
    And then after Jaco's leopard I will take this one please.... :)

Jaco Strauss likes this.
  4. CAustin

CAustin AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    Wow! May want to talk to you about 2016 hunt because that is the size and price range I would want! Thanks for posting

5. Saul

Saul AH Veteran

Wow that is a great deal. I really wish I could take you up on the offer now, but like CAustin, I am looking more at a 2016 date (2015 if possible). I hope you have more elephant hunts scheduled in the future for this price.

6. ActionBob

ActionBob AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa
    Please forgive my ignorance, but approximately how long and thick would 40 pound tusks be?

And when hunting this beast, what happens if it is 42 pounds after the fact? Or 45, etc.?

7. Alex McDonald

Alex McDonald SPONSOR AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Professional Hunters Association South Africa, International Professional Hunters Association, AMOS Mozambique
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Central African Republic
    CAustin, this will be a once off offer. With the closure and restriction of hunting and CITES more apparent, I predict the prices of Elephant hunting to increase. We will only receive confirmation of prices and quota for 2015 by late 2014

Jaco Strauss likes this.
  8. CAustin

CAustin AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    Ok thanks for the reply

9. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    ActionBob this is the PH's call on many "parks" areas we often have to operate according to SANPARKS protocol and on many of these areas there is a limit on size, set by parks.
    For example Mtimkulu and Letaba ranch use to have a 70lbs per side max, other "reserves" such as Balule had different limits.

To be frank (while I am still Jaco :) ) the call lies with the professional hunter and is for him to sort should a dispute arise after the fact.

If there is the possibility of repercussions to a hunting client he/she should and will be informed of this prior to finalizing the relevant hunting contract.

On certain areas (and I am not referring to Alex's post) 40lbs a side could be the most probable size and hence it is marketed as such.

With all this been said, great offer Alex and your summary of the situation with regards to Elle and Elle pricing is spot on.

I hope that this clears it up slightly.

My best always