Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia,....AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI
Sitting in the Seattle airport waiting for the red eye to DFW, then morning transfer to Amarillo for a weekend turkey hunt with @gizmo on the Rockin G Ranch. Turkey hunting in Turkey, TX!!

DSCN1678.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I'll be there to get you bright an early :)

Who is doing the calling?

:P Elmer Fudd:Gobble Gobble!

I've never been interested in hunting turkeys before, but when I was down there in January, I could understand the appeal of it! There was turkeys everywhere! Add in some hog hunting and fishing...fun, fun!!! Post lots of pics!

GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE ! Lots of pictures . Please ?
Glen

youre in for a good week end then, bloke
looking foreward to hearing all about it

Last edited:
I love turkey hunting... I have tagged my three for the year.

I remember one of my first discussions with an East Cape PH who wanted me to come in late April or early May.... NOPE I sez... that is turkey season.

At the moment I am trying to schedule my next African hunt for Mid to late May... after I should
be done with my turkey hunting in 2017!

Here are this years birds... all done with a 20!
DSCN1666.JPG
DSCN1678.JPG

Y'all have fun!

First Afternoon getting it done at the Rockin G!!! One shot and two toms tagged and in the cooler. First hour of hunting, now what to do??? But it's ok, @gizmo is makin celebratory margaritas as I type this.
image.jpeg

And for the record @gizmo is the turkey calling King. Who knew sitting the brush and calling "here turkey turkey, here turkey turkey" really works!!

Nice Work!

Fun stuff; isn't it?

And for the record @gizmo is the turkey calling King. Who knew sitting the brush and calling "here turkey turkey, here turkey turkey" really works!!

Was he at least shaking a corn can while he called?!

Congratulations on early Margarita time!

Well the celebrations :D Beers:last night developed into some late night rabbit hunting off the backie, watching Africa hunting videos and playing pool until 04:30 am. So we are moving a little slow this morning but @gizmo just got up and is dancing a jig :A Banana:to get going for whatever today has to bring:E Happy:

Anyway, I will write up a proper hunt report next week. :A Thumbs Up:

And more pictures ? LOL ?
Glen

Nice a Thunder Chicken.... With a pretty badass dude @gizmo! :A Way To Go::A Way To Go:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!