RIGBY NITRO EXPRESS DOUBLE RIFLE

Bazz

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
none
Hunted
Sweden
Many years ago i remember my uncle returning from Africa with a selection of guns.His pride and joy was a Rigby nitro express double rifle,i was wondering if these were still made?Thanks

well there are apparently not one but two Rigby gun makers!! One in London Uk and the other in paso roubles calif!!

trying to get Rigby to respond,, i should say do not hold your breath...

Hi Bazz,

You remember the caliber ????

Hi Monish,i think the calibre of my uncles Rigby was .450,he also had a .350 Mauser.

Hi Bazz,

Does your uncle still posses the double rifle ??

Monish

Hi Monish,My uncle hunted in Africa for many years then he went to live in Montana USA.He died of an heart attack while tracking a wounded bear,he was 77 years old.As far as i know all his guns and equipment was sold many years ago.Regards,Barry

Hi Barry,

Its sad to know the masterpiece of a rifle has been parted away with. Your uncle must have been a great hunter ..

Regards

Monish

Many years ago i remember my uncle returning from Africa with a selection of guns.His pride and joy was a Rigby nitro express double rifle,i was wondering if these were still made?Thanks

I was in London a year ago and Rigby is no more. Paul Roberts & Son now build rifles with the Rigby (and Jeffrey) name under license. The barrels and actions, according to Paul, come from Austria. They are finished, stocked and regulated in his shop.

If you want a British double and can't afford a Holland or a good used Rigby, Westley Richards in Birmingham will build you a very fine boxlock double for~ $65k or so, U.S.. I can't afford one, but if you can, go for it!

I'd have to disagree about the death of Rigby. There are arguments over who owns the rights to the name, but there is still a gunmaker in London selling quality rifles under that name, built on their own M98 and other actions. I have 2 M98s shortly due for delivery, and will be delighted to post some pics when they arrive.

Paso Rigby is no more. Read Terry Wieland Paso Rigby- R.I.P. Very interesting reading on what is no more and the tragic history of Rigby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg