Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Wow, what a gorgeous double.

Too pretty to hunt with ?, maybe for me, i'm a little rough on my gear to own something like this, but that doesn't take away from the incredible workmanship on display on a weapon such as this.

I can only imagine strolling down a trail on a fresh 24"+ track of an old Elephant bull somewhere in Africa with this double over my shoulder !

And Spike, YOU SOLD IT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and I had a bet with myself that this little bueaty ,would end up back in spikes safe..........

Wow, what a gorgeous double.

Too pretty to hunt with ?, maybe for me, i'm a little rough on my gear to own something like this, but that doesn't take away from the incredible workmanship on display on a weapon such as this.

I can only imagine strolling down a trail on a fresh 24"+ track of an old Elephant bull somewhere in Africa with this double over my shoulder !

And Spike, YOU SOLD IT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yeah paul thanks for rubbing it in..............if i had the readys at the moment i would be in there bidding to get it back. took 2 years for it to be made for me, and i saw the bits being created all the way through from chunks of steel into amazing pieces of art , and then being fitted together........so yup i am pissed with myself!!!!!

Sale A0614 Lot 1211

JOHN RIGBY & CO.
A FINE, VIRTUALLY UNUSED, TALLETT-ENGRAVED .470 (3 1/4IN.) NITRO EXPRESS SIDELOCK EJECTOR DOUBLE RIFLE, serial no. 18442,

23 7/8in. nitro chopperlump barrels, matt sight rib with open sights and two folding leaf sights marked 75, 150 and 200 and with gold sight lines, ramp-mounted bead fore-sight with flip-up moonsight, protecting hood, tubes inlaid in gold gothic script 'J. RIGBY & CO. LONDON. ENGLAND.' at the breech end and with engraved decorative bands, treble-grip action with relief-engraved leaf fences, carved feathered side bolsters, manual safety with gold-inlaid 'SAFE' detail, gold-inlaid cocking-indicators, rolled-edge triggerguard, action, dipped-edge lockplates and furniture profusely engraved with bold acanthus scrollwork on a matted background, the lockplates gold-inlaid in gothic script 'JOHN RIGBY & CO.', the triggerguard gold-inlaid '.470 NITRO' with a shield outline, the triggerguard tang gold-inlaid with the serial number, triggerplate signed 'D.J. TALLETT', retaining virtually full original colour-hardening and finish, colour-hardened triggers, 14 7/8in. well-figured pistolgrip stock with sculpted cheekpiece, sling swivels, engraved and colour-hardened pistolgrip-cap, with trap gold-inlaid with the Rigby trademark, including 5/8in. leather covered recoil pad, weight 10lb. 13oz., in its brass-cornered oak and leather case with full complement of accessories and an alloy flight case fitted to accommodate the oak and leather case

Estimate £40,000-50,000

Last edited by a moderator:
and i Have been talking to Rigby about building be a 416 Rigby bolt rifle.

Looking at upgrades that i am thinking about adding to the rifle.

That is one very nice piece of art.

magnificent rifle spike

I suppose we have all done things that we later regret .

i think Jerome needs to make a "dumbass" smiley, specially for this thread!!
cant believe you sold that bud, seriously!!! WTF where you thinking?

SpikeT,

you gotta be kidding me!

that is way too beautiful to EVER sell! Will need to understand that over a beer!!

spike, I have viewed the link several times now

this rifle is truly magnificent , if you have the resources to get this rifle back you should not pass it by.

this rifle is one that your son would pass onto his children !

good luck.

spike, I have viewed the link several times now

this rifle is truly magnificent , if you have the resources to get this rifle back you should not pass it by.

this rifle is one that your son would pass onto his children !

good luck.

if i could i promise you i would

oh and her ladyship just walked past and read how i should try and get it back, her words were something like this "if we got 50 grand to spare its not being f--king spent on that!!" mmmmm no soul me thinks or heart :(

thankyou pete for your understanding!! o_O jumbo sounds like a good idea for depression........:notworthy:
;)
will have to have a few extra beers on hand next time you are out... jumbo, you joining us?

i was going to ask if they have a reserve at the auction?
saw that it went for 40k on the list of realized prices.
good deal for someone!

just been speaking to marc at rigbys and asked him what it would cost to build a rifle to the same specs now, and it would be approx £85,000.00...........................................so i have a sneaking suspicion i wont be getting a replacement :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you