Rifles for Africa by Gregor Woods

Gerhard.375

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SAHGCA, NSA
Hunted
South Africa and Namibia (when it was still South-West Africa)
I would highly recommend this book Rifles for Africa by Gregor Woods published by Safari Press in 2002.

Gregor was born and bred in Southern Africa and has hunted in Africa for close to 50 years. His knowledge on the subject of Rifles for Africa truly is vast. (He is also the Rifle and Hunting editor of the Man - Magnum Magazine - since 1988).

Gregor writes in an relaxed and digestable style.

The book comprehensively covers the subjects of Bullet Design and Construction, Ballistics and "Killing Power", Cartridges for Africa and Rifles for Africa.

The photography is not as good as in Boddington and Wieland, but it more than makes up in content.

It contains 465 pages and has a favourite spot on my shelf amongst Boddington, Wieland, Taylor and Bell.

Attachments

• Rifles-for-Africa.jpg
    Rifles-for-Africa.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Rifles-for-Africa.jpg
    Rifles-for-Africa.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 279
I think Safari Press has a huge sale going on right now! I ordered some material about a week ago..they have some good reading material.

Hi Gerhard,

Its a wonderful book by Gregor Woods , one of my favorites on sporting rifles .......

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!