Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So the wife and I will be taking a tour of Kruger National Park before we start the safari. My concern would be what to do with my rifles. From what I see most if not all of the tours will have you stay in accommodations inside the park. Presuming that rifles are a big no-no inside the park, what should I do with my rifles?

I am planning a similar thing, 2 weeks touring prior to hunting. I have asked our safari operator to look after rifles while we are touring. I plan is to catch up with the PH a day or so after arrivaln in country and hand over guns for safe keeping.

If you contact Air2000, I believe they have a vault to legaly store your firearms while you are there. Not sure of the details, but I am sure there will be plenty of qualified advice coming your way. This forum is very good for that type of question.

It seems that you can enter the park with your firearm(s), though your weapon has to be declared and sealed at the entrance gate and a permit will be issued for the duration of your stay. Your weapon needs to be declared upon departure of the park so that the seal can be inspected and has not be broken at which time they will remove it.

Failure to declare a weapon (R750), failure to ensure that the weapon is unloaded before sealing (R200) and failure to have weapon inspected before leaving the KNP (R300).

Dead on Jerome,

I visit the KNP often and it is exactly as you say, most camps also have a safe to store your weapon; so you don't have to leave the weapon in the chalet or travel with it all the time

Bushwack, Thanks, that's good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross