AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US
Ok,
So I know that I have to provide Make, Model, S/N on the rifle that I'm taking to the RSA and I know that my .338 BAR isn't legal there. No problem, I have a model 700 30-06 that'll do just fine for PG.

Question is, the Outfitter wants the scope details. Not a problem, I know what it is but I have plans to change it before I leave for the RSA. If my Invitation letter says my rifle has scope "x" on it and I switch to scope "z" is that an issue?

Frozen

My letter of invite has never included my rifle make model or scope.

The rifle information is recorded in the country you are hunting in.

Go on line and find the rifle import you need and have it filled out prior to landing to make your processing easier.

if going to Zimbabwe fill it out and make 2 color copies. They like to know the number of rounds you are bringing into the country also.

As far as scope goes i do not remember anyone taking this information down.

Thanks James.

I've been reading on the PHASA and SAPS pages but hadn't run across the answer yet. Filling out the forms won't be an issue. Just want to make sure that if I end up changing scopes before leaving I don't get hung up somewhere.

I have never asked for scope details on my letters of invitation.Maybe something new?
Contact Mariaan at phasa@phasa.co.za just to make sure.

I'll wonder if the new UN small arms treaty will start to force more paperwork on us!

Not sure what you face up north there but down here it will have to be ratified by a large majority of the Senate I believe. I did hear that the Bamster had our Frenchman Jean Francois Kerrie (Sec of State) sign it for him. A number of Democrat Senators joined the other ones with the R behind their name and signed a letter to BHO telling him they would not support the Treaty if he signed it. All these years, no President would sign on to it, and then along comes the Idiot in Chief and bam, signed! What a pathetic POS this guy is! Dont mean to hijack but Brick started it!:rolleyes:

No worries on the hijack. I'm no fan of BHO and him advancing te UN agenda in the US really chaps me too.

Of course I hadn't thought about it effecting firearm transport to foreign countries....

Frozen the Outfitter may just want to know what type or power of scope you will have on your rifle to give an idea as to what range you would be willing to shoot. But I've never heard of anyone asking about the scope before you can always let him know whats on it now and let him know you may change it to something else before you arrive, but as far as the Letter of Invitation the ones I've had sent out read something like this "The Rifle you intend to use will be adequate for the game you intend to hunt".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!