Rhino or Elephant

Amon458

AH veteran
Reaction score
I would like to here from people that have done both which is more exciting I would love to do either but rhino sounds cooler other than the price tag. I would most likely only be able to do one or the other so any imput would be appreciated.

Amon458

Amon to me it's an absolute no brainier, Ellephant walks away with the better experience by 20 country miles...

I have extensively hunted both and to be honest Rhino does not come close...

My very best always.

I would agree with Jaco.... Elephant is probably one of the most exciting and intimidating safaris one can go on! I can guarantee you will never forget an elephant safari done the right way in your life!

Best regards,

Jacques

Ain't that the truth buddy! ;)

Amon,
I've done both and I'm certain you would find hunting elephant to be far and away the better experience. To this day elephant remains a true and wild hunting experience where all you will likely find today is driving or walking about to locate a pre-measured and farmed raised rhino in a fenced enclosure.

Amon I'm in the same boat as you and could never do both. Have chosen to do the elephant!

I think I am going to go with the elephant as I didn't know you couldn't hunt wild rhino but I may eventually wined up darting one if I get the itch to bad and I am but still a young man with more dreams than funds lol.

I would agree with Jaco.... Elephant is probably one of the most exciting and intimidating safaris one can go on! I can guarantee you will never forget an elephant safari done the right way in your life!

Best regards,

Jacques

cant say it any better than that

Amon if you want to dart one I can help you sir. It is not as expensive as you think and what a great hunt! The area I have for rhino we have a slection of about 60 bulls ranging from 16" up to 29".

A few members on AH has been with me and I will say though, the dart is more fun than shooting a rhino. Have to get much closer than with a rifle and when you are in between 6 to 10 rhino bulls with only a dart gun it does get exciting!

I think I am going to go with the elephant as I didn't know you couldn't hunt wild rhino ...............

There are a few wild Rhino hunts but they are few and far between.

Have fun on your dream Elephant hunt.

And I wanted to add that it is called a Vita Dart that we offer. If I can provide more information please feel free to e-mail me at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.