Return to Nirvana - 6 weeks and counting!!

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Cliffy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    I was told many years ago (10) by my then booking agent, "You will return". No, it was to be a once in a life time trip but it would be a good one. WRONG!!! Since then we've been back 2 more times. Always to different countries, always a new and unique experience. The memeories of the first trip to Zimabawe, lo those many years ago, are still vivid in our minds. From the first up close and personal experience with a big bull elephant to the Monitor lizard scurrying away down the trail. The smells, the sounds, the colors, the sunsets, all impact the totality of the experience. From Mopane forests to dry river beds, from the top of the falls at Victoria to the tea plantations of Tazeen, nothing prepares one for the experience. I call it - Total Sensory Overload for the first few days.
    Having been to Zimbabwe, Namibia and South Africa (Krueger area) we are once again returning to SA but to the Limpopo area this time. Our focus has changed over the years from wanting to shoot lots of animals (13 the first time) to now helping others who have never been, get there and experience what we have enjoyed.
    Last time we went to Namibia and long time friends went as they always wanted to go but would not go without us along to show them the way. They, too, said it would be a "once in a life time trip" - NOT. WRONG!!! They went with us to DSC this year a rebooked to Namibia for a hunt in 2012!! This year, we had friends who found out that we had been to Africa and they wanted to go but not without us to show THEM the way. They had to really twist our arms for that. So now, this April, we are once again showing newbies how to hunt Africa, only this time its 4 people (a married couple and a Father and Son). It is great fun to see newbies reactions when we hit the African continent. 6 weeks and counting till we once again see the African sunset and the Southern Cross.
    Just thought I'd share something with the forum as I have lurked for many months but never contributed. I will expand my post if there is any interest I just didn't want to waste bandwidth if there was no interest.
  2. sestoppelman

sestoppelman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa (2)
    Cliffy, As you are going to the Limpopo region as did I in '09, if you have the time do visit the Mapungubwe National Park on the Limpopo River . Its a beautiful place and from the lookout platforms one can see Botswana, Zimbabwe and northern RSA from the same place as well as the river itself. It is well worth the effort. Tell your outfitter or PH you want to see it if time permits. The view is stunning! I am returning to Zim for the first time since '96 in June and it will be my 6th safari since '85. Once is not enough! Good luck!!
  3. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Please let us know about your trip when you get back and I hope/know you'll have a great time!
  4. Spiral Horn Safaris

Spiral Horn Safaris AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI and PHASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa and Zambia
    Cliffy that is what it is all about, all the best of luck and I am sure you will love it here in the Limpopo province!

Best Regards
    Louis van Bergen
  5. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Cliffy, Nice to hear that you share your passion for Africa with others by taking them with you. Have a great time with your friends on your upcoming African adventure. You have been a member for quite some time now, I'm glad you decided to contribute.
  6. KMG Hunting Safaris

KMG Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
    Hey Cliffy,
    I have no doubt that you will have a blast once again. Just dont make the same mistake in thinking that this one will be your last trip either.

Best Regards
    Marius Goosen