REPORT: Swift Dip South Africa

I used Swift Dip and 14 animals made it to my house in 60 days,nice and smelly. We were in touch with them before and had steady contact through process. Same with shipper which gave us a very good idea of how much we would owe before shooting different animals to get them home. Sorry you had a bad experience our PH loves those guys.

I hate to start a thread like this , but I'll post the facts and you can go from there. Hunted RSA last May. Trophies were taken to Swift Dip for dip/package and shipping. My taxidermist and PH had worked with them in the past and told me to expect them back to the USA in 6 months or less. I have been in regular contact w/ my taxidermist over the past yr. So far no animals shipped. My PH apparently managed to get a bad case of Malaria and nearly died.
He went by Swift Dip and picked up my animals this week along with another clients from last year. Took them to another company and looks like they should be shipped in the next 2 months. No animals that should of caused a lot of headache. Sable, Kudu, Gemsbuck, Reedbuck, Mtn Reedbuck and Black Wilderbeast.
I have heard secondhand that my PH did not take care of all paperwork and others had to take care of some of it. I have no first hand knowledge of that. I realize that many things can cause delays. My PH picking up the animals tells me he has lost faith in them. It is possible that omissions/mistakes by the PH could of caused some of the initial delays. I would use caution if using Swift Dip. Bruce
Dear sir

This is Natasha Lotter from Swift Dip.

Can you please email or phone me regarding this matter.

I would like to solve this matter and hear why the trophies never reached us?

We have not returned trophies to any PH or Outfitter last year. All our trophies recieved and paid for was released by Swift Dip with in 90 days and shipped.

We strive to give the best service to our clients, all our trophies will be packed with in 90 days, unless no paperwork was recieved, or if trophies was outstanding, or if the client did not pay us. We work closely with our Outfitters, if we could not get hold of you, we alwyas ask teh outfitters to help assist us in contacting the clients.

Each and every client is important to us.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Swift Dip

Bruce, I'll be interested to find out if this was a buck passing scenario played by the PH/Outfitter.

That is a possibility.... Bruce

Bruce, I'll be interested to find out if this was a buck passing scenario played by the PH/Outfitter.

100% sure it is! I am also getting Phasa involved to get this matter solved. Each client is important to us, we will not have a bad name because of PH's not doing as they promised the clients.

Constantly impressed how this forum can help solve problems for people. Well done.

Swift Dip and I have been in contact. I am not able to tell you for sure who is telling me the truth. SD claims that my PH never dropped the animals off. My taxidermist tells me that the PH dropped off the animals for them to hold in HIS name...... Then didn't make it back when he should of..... Malaria and hunting... bla bla...... My contact has all been through my taxidermist as he recommended this hunt to me and at one point was planning on going into business with the PH. They were looking at buying a game farm together. The Taxi claims to of made a number of calls to SD.
I now have seen a bill from New Creation Taxidermy for my animals. The story goes my PH picked up the animals from SD and took them there. I will suggest that from all of the info I have either my PH never dropped off the animals and SD is indeed blameless. Or he dropped them off without the proper info. One of these two scenarios are most likely but I cannot be sure. If either of these are true then I hereby apologize to Swift Dip. I have passed on to them the PH and Taxi info. They also asked for info on who has the animals to followup with them. In my mind they are going above and beyond at this point.
There is a small possibility that they are mistaken and bear some blame. Right now I'd just like to get my animals back. My expectation is to only be able to afford 1 sable in my life and he is in this shipment. So I'd love to get him back. Would be a bonus if the cape is in good shape. After 14 months who knows........
In summary, my best guess is that Swift Dip is blameless based on what I now know. Bruce

Bruce

We as a dip and pack have a reputation to protect and keep. Our job and service is to get clients trophies out to them with in 90 days.

The trophies was never droped of at Swift dip to keep for him. If that is what he claims, ask him for the proof of the taxidermy register when he dropped of the trophies. When outfitters or ph's drops of trophies we fill out a taxidermy register as per law. The ph or outfitter always signs this document and takes a copy with them. None of this occured! Nothing was droped of or signed in.

We are going to take legal steps against Gerhard.

He is not hosnest and draging our name through the mud.

To proof that Swift dip is not to blame, and that client service is important to us, i am offering to help, not because i feel quilty. I can understand how your are feeling. I will also phone Rusty Vick regarding this, i would like to know where he is getting his facts from. Either Rusty or Gerhard is not telling the truth.

Gerhards words was that he is really sorry and that all of this is a big misunderstanding.....

He should make this right!

Aslo please ask your taxidermist for proof of emails to me regarding trophies. I never recieved any correspondence from him regarding this matter or phone calls. And we correspond with our clients on a daily basis.

I really would like to know from the taxidermy where the trophies are now, why they have not been shipped and when the trophies was recieved. You should contact them directly and ask for all the paperwork. I think you will be able to make more sence out of this if you get this information directly from the taxidermy.

Roy D Mercer might be able to help clear this up :ROFLMAO::whistle::sleep:

Well things have gotten much clearer since Swift Dip entered the conversation just a couple of days ago. I just had a phone call from my PH, Gerhard. He took full responsibility. Essentially he has kept the capes/horns "stored" and never dropped them off as he told my taxidermist and was passed on to me. He is paying my dip and pack bill and following up with the company that now has my animals.
In his words, "Swift Dip is a great company and they do good work". He said to not be afraid to use them. So I will also publicly apologize to Swift Dip for casting undo suspicion on their good name. They are not at fault in any way. Further I would like to thank them for their part in helping the truth to come out. Bruce

Good day everyone..Bruce hunted with me and i am the guilty party here, first of all i would like to apologise to Swift dip as they had nothing to do with the trophies, the trophies never reached Swift dip as i am using a taxidermist in Gauteng. I have send work through Swift dip in the past and had no problems at all they are very professional in what they do and their communication skills are fantastic, well i cant say the same about myself as i created this whole mess, my apologies again.

I just got off the phone with Bruce and i did explain the whole situation, i can assure everybody that all the paper work was and still is in place and his trophies will reach the states very soon, there is nobody else to blaim but me and i take full responsibility..I offerred to pay for the shipment and we did agree on that..

My apologies again to all involved..

Kind regards
Gerhard

This is a great outcome, PH admits he was in the wrong and works with his client to rectify the situation and Swift Dip retains their solid reputation!

and this is how it turned out.... :A Me You:

Swift Dip just got some new customers!

Lesson: Don't :S Horse Shit: or it may cause:A Target: and most likely this:A Samurai:.

Good day everyone..Bruce hunted with me and i am the guilty party here, first of all i would like to apologise to Swift dip as they had nothing to do with the trophies, the trophies never reached Swift dip as i am using a taxidermist in Gauteng. I have send work through Swift dip in the past and had no problems at all they are very professional in what they do and their communication skills are fantastic, well i cant say the same about myself as i created this whole mess, my apologies again.

I just got off the phone with Bruce and i did explain the whole situation, i can assure everybody that all the paper work was and still is in place and his trophies will reach the states very soon, there is nobody else to blaim but me and i take full responsibility..I offerred to pay for the shipment and we did agree on that..

My apologies again to all involved..

Kind regards
Gerhard

Thank you Gerhard. Bruce, I trust your trophies will be shipped to you soon.

Regards
The Swift Dip Team.

Well things have gotten much clearer since Swift Dip entered the conversation just a couple of days ago. I just had a phone call from my PH, Gerhard. He took full responsibility. Essentially he has kept the capes/horns "stored" and never dropped them off as he told my taxidermist and was passed on to me. He is paying my dip and pack bill and following up with the company that now has my animals.
In his words, "Swift Dip is a great company and they do good work". He said to not be afraid to use them. So I will also publicly apologize to Swift Dip for casting undo suspicion on their good name. They are not at fault in any way. Further I would like to thank them for their part in helping the truth to come out. Bruce

I am just glad every thing could be settled and sorted out. Apology accepted. Thank you! Looking forward to working with you in the near future!

Great outcome, nice to see all sides get in touch and solve this! I agree @BRICKBURN , looks like Swift Dip will gain some customers!

Swift Dip ...Skins tan well. never a bug issue, I like their service, skins, and packing and the FACT that they don't do taxidermy and do not have a conflict of interest with taxidermy I recommend them highly ! And they are VERY REASONABLE. If your hunting Limpopo then use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you