REPORT: Has anyone used African Wildlife Artistry?

Bill Thompson

Reaction score
Hunted
US (MI, TX) Canada (Ontario, Quebec & Newfoundland) & South Africa
Has anyone used African Wildlife Artistry for taxidermy/dip & pack? Located in the Eastern Cape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bill,
As far as I am aware, African Wildlife Artistry is situated in Somerset East, in the Eastern Cape. Actionbob here on the forum has used them in the past, but his animals are still there, being completed, as we speak . Maybe he can chime in and in the mean time, comment on the service he has received from them up to now.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

I am so happy to see people starting to check the back end of the Safari out.

It's not over till its over!

While I haven't used them and I am going on my first safari in 3 months I have done more homework on these kind of things that a person should really have to do.

I will suggest for you to contact SSI and see if they have done any work with them. I sent them a email last week and Rosella got back to me the next day and I then called and talked to her about their services. She even asked who I was planning on doing my dip and pack and when I told her that it was Hunters and Collectors out of Port Elizabeth she mentioned the owners by name and told me that I would have no problems and that they (Safari Specialty) would take care of everything once my trophies were delivered to Hunters and Collectors. The more that I talked to her the more at ease I was about getting all of my trophies home with no problems.

I am now to the point that I can almost just sit back and relax for the next 3 months before I fly out on my safari.

I am so happy to see people starting to check the back end of the Safari out.

It's not over till its over!

Very true! The least thought about and in my opinion, the most confusing, or at least the least understood.

The shipping can be very confusing!

Hi Bill....yes, I used them. Along with two other gentlemen in the group I hunted with in 2012. The animals were suppose to be mounted here in the U.S., but due to an unfortunate occurrence with the initial taxidermist who was just to dip and ship our trophies to the states, there was a near two year wait until we had any clue as to what was going on. The Safari Agents we traveled with were finally able to determine what the issue was, and the outfitter (Crusader Safaris) we hunted with was able to retrieve the trophies from that taxidermist. Crusader Safaris is owned by Andrew Pringle. It was Andrew's recommendation, after such a long wait, to go ahead and use African Wildlife Artistry to mount the animals there and then to ship them to us. There were probably close to 30 animals total between the three of us. And I have to say we were all very pleased with the work. They were also very easy to work with, quick, and efficient. I have no complaints what-so-ever. If you would like to see the results of their work, just go to my site and check out my photos. All mounted animals I have posted so far, were done by AWA. Hope this helps. :)

Hi Jim....this is Rosella....I would like to thank you for the opportunity to have put your mind at ease and to share your experience here on the forum. Information is power and power is knowledge and this is especially true when doing your homework before embarking on a hunting adventure that takes you out of the US. We have many alliances with outfitters, dip/pack/taxidermists and shippers all over the world who share our goal to give the hunter the most memorable and stress free experience. Unfortunately, that is not the case with everyone so being proactive BEFORE leaving is key!

I do have all our trophies still there. So far pretty decent service and communication. I was told 8 months from the time they got the deposit (50% if I remember but they were rounding off and I think will work with you a bit). They have sent some pictures but right now a lot are drying so waiting a couple weeks. The safari was 11 months ago but I screwed around holding up the process, not them.

I am very happy to hear @WALKINGPREY2 is happy with their work, that takes a load off me! I "may" get there in April to check on things and I have asked them to hold off shipping until then, and I hope to have more to add if I like their work and have some decent luck this April!

I have asked for some group mounts but still need to take a few of the animals. They were also pretty creative about working with me on ideas for special mounts.

They were recommended by Andrew and that is how we chose them. I might add, if your having work done in Africa, try to get to the taxidermist shop to visit... I have been sitting on pins and needles over this and regret not working a visit in, we could have found the time.

Hi Bill....yes, I used them. Along with two other gentlemen in the group I hunted with in 2012. The animals were suppose to be mounted here in the U.S., but due to an unfortunate occurrence with the initial taxidermist who was just to dip and ship our trophies to the states, there was a near two year wait until we had any clue as to what was going on. The Safari Agents we traveled with were finally able to determine what the issue was, and the outfitter (Crusader Safaris) we hunted with was able to retrieve the trophies from that taxidermist. Crusader Safaris is owned by Andrew Pringle. It was Andrew's recommendation, after such a long wait, to go ahead and use African Wildlife Artistry to mount the animals there and then to ship them to us. There were probably close to 30 animals total between the three of us. And I have to say we were all very pleased with the work. They were also very easy to work with, quick, and efficient. I have no complaints what-so-ever. If you would like to see the results of their work, just go to my site and check out my photos. All mounted animals I have posted so far, were done by AWA. Hope this helps. :)

Thank you for the information.

Bill T

I also have contracted SSI to handle my leopard hunt in Namibia this year. So far there correspondence with myself and my Ph has been outstanding. I will report on them after the hunt is complete. I expect the same though.

Has anyone used African Wildlife Artistry for taxidermy/dip & pack? Located in the Eastern Cape.
Hello Bill, this is Caroline from African Wildlife Artistry, we are located in the Eastern Cape. Please have a look at our website for Testimonials and please feel free to contact me for quotes or any other questions.

African wildlife artiastry , welcome to AH
look foreward to your participation
enjoy the site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg