AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
About a month ago I finally received my baboon cape and skull. I must say that Images of Africa was the worst experience I've had out of 9 safaris concerning dip& pack. Their communication was almost non existent, they wouldn't respond to emails, I had the outfitter contact them for me twice and ask them to please respond, finally got a invoice after about 6 months which I paid immediately, months go by no contact, I ask the outfitter to check again please, then I get a email saying my skull and cape are at the shipper and that they had mounted the skull on shield and the cape was tanned I told them originally that I only wanted dip & pack and I only paid for dip & pack. They tried to blame the outfitter and say it was all their fault because of no communication which I know wasn't true. When it arrived and I unpacked it they had tried to hot glue the skull to a cheap press board shield with a plastic photo finish on it which the the glue wouldn't stick to. And really great thing was it isn't even my skull, my baboon had both canines broken off just above the gum, this one was a prime of life baboon with 4 long perfect canines! So after waiting a year and paying a considerable sum I have some one else's baboon!!! The cape is off of my baboon though. So if you have dip & pack at Images Of Africa prepare for the worst!!

Bummer jeff. I hate to hear that someone's stuff isn't right!

That sucks. :sick:

Bummer Jeff. How did you come to use this company? Fellow hunter, outfitter, reference, past experience, etc.?

The outfitter was using them at that time and thought they were ok, I looked at their website and saw that they have a booth at SCI in Vegas and since it was only a dip and pack I assumed it would be fine, Wrong! I will definetley look them up at Vegas and have a chat!

The outfitter was using them at that time and thought they were ok, I looked at their website and saw that they have a booth at SCI in Vegas and since it was only a dip and pack I assumed it would be fine, Wrong! I will definetley look them up at Vegas and have a chat!

Do you have pictures to tell the tale? That is of the baboon when you shot him?

Yes good photos, I will take a photo of the one they sent to show them.

Perhaps, they can bring the proper one over to Vegas when they come.

I don't believe they will do anything about it and will have a list of excuses.

That's unfortunate but thanks for sharing for others to think about

That sucks, thanks for the heads up. Forrest

Sorry for your negative experience. Thanks for letting us know to watch out for them.

your chat should be out side in private.if im there ill hold your coat.

Thanks for the warning. Sorry to hear about your situation.

I am sorry to hear of your trouble

Very poor communication seems to be the norm for taxidermy globally.

I've used only a handful of taxidermist through the past 25 years but they all have 2 things in common so far......disappointment

You don't hear much from them.....and they are always "and most done"

Those two things would never fly in my industry

I must admit.....I am from Missouri and we are skeptical of most everyone and everything

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Jeff!

This guy is just bad news, very unprofessional .
I have had clients that used him as pack and dip and he would never communicate and when he did, he would try to talk them into having him mount their items and then nothing again for months and he would only use a shipper that was way to expensive too so what ever you do--stay away from him.

I know how you feel, I´ve also had a very disappointing experience.

I had a similar experience! It took me 3 years to get my trophies and only after paying two times the agreed price. Taxidermy was paid in advance to the outfitter, Stephen Barber at Xomaqua Safaris, but he did never pay the taxidermist and closed communications with me. It took me foever to find out who the taxidermist was and I had to pay him again to get my trophies.

Stay away from Stephen Barber and Xomaqua Safaris!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you