Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
Hi Folks
Just a quick report on the service I received from AfricaSky.
They did a total of 10 gun imports for us, the service and feedback from them was exceptional throughout the procedure.
Gilbert came to O Tambo Intl to do the meet and greet, we met him on 3 other occasions during our stay and he was always very helpful and friendly. It took us around 10 minutes to clear the guns with the police every time he was with.
On our arrival the first day we had a 8 hour lay over in JHB, Gilbert took us back to the lodge were they had prepared a room for us (we never asked for this). I even had time to take a swim in the pool before we were served lunch and got some shut eye. Anyone that has travelled in a plane for a extended period will agree that a shower, good food and some shut eye helps you get over the jetlag pretty quick. Gilbert dropped us at the airport again in good time and helped us check the guns onto our next flight.

3 Weeks later I stayed at AS for 3 nights and can only recommend them to anyone who has to stay over. Rooms were top notch and so were the staff. Had time to get some clothes washed and ironed. We were planning on hitting some of the nice restaurants in JHB, but after eating at AS the first night we gave that a miss, the food is outstanding. I cant say that we stayed better at some of the high dollar hotels in Cape Town.

I also had the great pleasure of running into Ivan Carter at AS one morning. He was kind enough to take some time and chat with us, a true gentleman.

IMG-20150227-WA0000.jpg

I can only say that it is not often one gets more than you expect, we did and then some from AS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used AfricaSky for permits for a number of years (including this year), and have stayed there. My son will be overnighting there this year when he joins me for a hunt.

They truly are first rate, the facilities are first class, and between Leoni handling the paperwork and Gilbert the airport, you couldn't ask for a better team.

Good to hear! Nice bonus to meet Mr Carter

That really is good to hear. I'll be overnighting there on April 22, and they're doing the SAPS, meet & greet, the whole service for me. It is comforting to know they take care of business. Thanks for the report.

Wow thanks for the nice report. My wife an I will be there the 7th and they are doing our permits as well.

I'm very jealous of your meeting Mr. Carter but thankful as well..... I don't know how I could have come out of that without having an elephant hunt booked.... and before I'm really ready to do that again!

African sky is a great place to stay as is afton house , and it would be hard to pick the best ,in my eyes
at AS we had room 16 ,and if l stayed there again id ask for the same room , and ate there also and sunk some piss at the honesty bar
yould be plenty happy meeting the big fella, while relaxing there

Wow thanks for the nice report. My wife an I will be there the 7th and they are doing our permits as well.

I'm very jealous of your meeting Mr. Carter but thankful as well..... I don't know how I could have come out of that without having an elephant hunt booked.... and before I'm really ready to do that again!
Hi Bob, Ivan Carter has been at the DSC for the last two years, maybe many more, giving presentations on game conservation in Africa. A great speaker and great subject. Mark it on your calendar for next January and I'll meet you there! Can't help you though if you prematurely book an elephant hunt! Good luck on the upcoming hunt! Already to read the report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TraceeHigh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!