Remington 700

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by mitch4570, Feb 15, 2014.

1. mitch4570

mitch4570 New Member

I think I know were this will go ,but would like to hear from anyone using Rem 700 in Africa and the findings on performance. Also anyone else who would like to have his say.

I have a rem 700 in .375 H&H and it will be what I am using. I have 4 of them in different calibers and I have never had a malfunction, except factory misfires from them.

Say your say lets hear your thoughts

As always thank you in advance for your input.

Mitch
  2. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
    Rem 700 is the action strongly preferred by gunsmiths for custom builds, I think that says it all.
  3. BnC 04

BnC 04 TITANIUM SUPPORTER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF, DU, NWTF, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA/Canada/Europe/ Africa
    I know plenty of smiths that prefer CRF actions for custom builds. I think it all comes down to customers preference at the end of the day.

Die hard Rem fans will go their route and the Mauser action base with stick to their guns. Both actions make great custom builds but once again just preference. Just my 2 Rand worth.
  4. 35bore

35bore AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    Big fan of the 700, I will be taking one on the next trip. I have no doubts as for the rifles performance, there are many out there that have plenty of doubts, I'm not one of them.

So, no matter, if you are comfortable with the 700, or the 70, or the 77 etc... if you know how to use your rifle you should have a memorable experience. Good luck to you...