Remington 700 DBM Import

Discussion in 'Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics' started by Mick73, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Mick73

Mick73 New Member

Hi,
    Was wondering you anybody can answer a question on importing firearm
    parts. Ive seen this DBM on ebay at a great price from a company called Atlasworxs and was wondering whether its legal forme to get it sent to me from Australia.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Anybody had any experience with this before?

Cheers

Mick

2. PaulT

PaulT AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
    Hunted:
    Aus. N.Z & Zim.
    Mick, not sure if I've got this right, but you want to IMPORT this part into Australia ?, is that right.

If so - the best way is to get a licensed firearms dealer to do it on your behalf.
    You may have to pay a small premium to them to do so on your behalf, but if you really need the part then so be it.
    If you have a good relationship with your local gun shop they shouldn't have any probs doing this for you.

Cheers,
    Paul.

3. timbear

timbear AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    SSAA, NZDA
    Hunted:
    Germany, NZ, Australia
    Interesting! The part is IN Australia but, according to eBay, can not be sent TO Australia?!?:confused: Mick, if you live outside of Oz, depending on the laws of your country, you should be able to have it sent.

4. Mick73

Mick73 New Member

Trigger Guard Arrival

My new trigger guard arrived and is installed. Works very well indeed. Not problems with customs at all.
    Just wish i had waited as Atlasworxs is doing a group buy on another forum.

photo5.jpg RIMG0180.jpg