RED STAG HUNTING OFFER IN ROMANIA/EUROPE

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by born_wild, Jul 4, 2012.

1. born_wild

born_wild AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Red stag are very well represented in Romania ,with good numbers, and of fine quality, our country possessed many times the world record, last of which, between 1981-1985, with a trophy of 261.25 CIC, points, taken in Soveja, Vrancea County, in 1980. Our private hunting areas are in Vrancea in the same area
    Current national record is 264.51 CIC points, taken on 22 Sep. 2003 in Valea Gurghiului, Mures county.
    We are pleased to offer the last two places - 5 Day RED STAG hunts available between 15 September and 15-December,
    Harvesting can be legally done only with the rifle, 7 mm caliber minimum, or more.
    Prices for accommodation and services 950 Euro
    Trophy prices
    Up to 7 kg 1500 euro
    Between 7.0 kg - 8.0 kg 1950 - 2650 euro
    8.0 kg - 9.0 kg 2650 - 3400 euro
    9.0 kg - 10.0 kg 3400 - 4400 euro
    10.0 kg - 11.0 kg 4400 - 6300 euro
    11.0 kg 11.5 kg 6300 - 8800 euro
    from 11.5 kg up 8800 + 60 euro for every 10 grams

FOR 2 HUNTERS TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE A DISCOUNT !
    I ALSO CAN NEGOTIATE THE TROPHY PRICES BECAUSE WE OWN THE HUNTING AREA

Price includes all guide and , meals, lodging and field trophy care and skinning.
    THE FEE includes:
    Airport arrival and departure assistance
    Transportation in Romania
    To 4WD car for hunting
    Full board and lodging ? starting with dinner on the arrival day and ending with breakfast on the departure day
    Single room accommodation
    First preparation of the Trophies
    The organizing of the hunt
    Hunting License
    Guide interpreter and professional hunter
    - National Drinks and wines

THE PRICES DOES NOT INCLUDE:
    The flight to and from Romania
    Other personnel expenses tips

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more informatioN.

Attached Files:

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Just for interest sake. What does that trophy in the picture you attached weigh in at?

3. born_wild

My Photos:
    Almost 16 kg ...

4. BRICKBURN

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    So, correct my arithmatic here.

I'll assume 15.5KG for that Stag in the picture "almost 16KG"
    8800 Euro plus 60Euro per 10 Grams over

4 Kilos = 4000 Grams / 10 = 400 x 60 Euro for 24,000 Euro

So that Stag would cost 32,400 Euro or $40,609 USD.

I'll assume you are a digit out on the extra grams (ie euro/100 grams) and that Stag would be 2400 Euro more for a total of 11,200 Euro or 14,000 USD.

If it is the first price is correct I will be going Bongo hunting long before I visit. :)

5. saeng101

saeng101 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunting & Conservation, CHASA, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
    I will now show my stupidity, what is being weighed?

I also will go along with Brickburn, sounded interesting until these prices showed up. I do a lot of hunting and this is more than I have spent for anything, and that includes a buff.

6. BRICKBURN

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    I already asked this "stupid question" a while back. The antlers.

7. RickB

RickB AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA, WY)
    Yeah sounds a bit on the expensive side!!

8. saeng101

saeng101 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunting & Conservation, CHASA, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
    More ignorance here, never heard of this before. How are they weighed? You sure wouldn't want to cut them off the skull. I believe in NZ that they are scored like we do in North America.

9. Bearhunter

Bearhunter AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    , OFAH
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, South Africa
    1000 grams per Kilogram

10. born_wild

My Photos:
    no ...the person that shoot this was a Romanian hunter and he paid less than 20000 euro for this record.

if a hunter from other country have this luck he will pay only 10% of the value but the trophy is considered national treasure and remain in the country. The hunter only receive a copy of the trophy.

usually the trophy are under 12 kg and there are very big trophies !

11. Turkeyslayer 1300

Turkeyslayer 1300 New Member

So if a hunter kills a true monster stag it must remain in the country?

I can see this being a major deterent for some.

12. Second Wind

Second Wind AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    by this point, just select 3 - 7 letters, put them together in any given order and I am probably a lifetime member
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, Mexico
    So, I am trying to follow this

Something on the order of $50 G leaves my palm,

I shoot a big animal

that they keep

I get a 'reproduction'?

Either I am really confused or these folks may need to re-evaluate their marketing strategy here because unless the food and wine is really good I think I might need to pass on this one

13. Blue Skies Hunting Adventures

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
    I think the pricing question has not been explained very well, there is no way they can be that expensive.

14. born_wild

My Photos:

That was a huge trophy ....as a hunter you have to know that trophy like this are trophy of a life time !!!

usually the trophy are not so big ...

15. born_wild

My Photos:

yes you will receive a reproduction ....and the wine and food are marvelous :)

16. 458Lott

458Lott AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Nordic Safari Club.
    Hunted:
    Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Latwia, Germany, Polen, RSA, Zimbabwe, next stop Moz.
    Dear Gents

Consider this, before you sign up for a Redstack hunt in eastern Europe
    Trophy are weighed in the wet state, normaly one day after it is cooked. Antlers, including scull and upper jaw is weighed. (The picture shows what is to be weighed) If you then expect the upper jaw plus parts of the skull which is sawn off before mounting weighs approx. 200 to 250 grams plus a weight loss due to drying of the horns of approximately 10%, you may be at risk to pay for 1 kg or more then your dry and mountet trophy is weighing.:D

Kronhjort.jpg

Several countries in Europe keep the trophies when talking about national or regional records. So if you are very lucky, then you may end up with a very expensive copy ....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Best of luck to you all.

17. born_wild

My Photos:
    In our case is not true ....the trophy will be weight one week after was boiled .
    the horns will be.
    In Europe the trophy is put on the wall together with the scull ...and all CiC measurements are made together ....horns and scull....
    The probability to have a national trophy is less than 1%...

18. Wolverine67

Wolverine67 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
    This is easy, your guide can tell you the weight of the trophy almost to the nearest 100 gram BEFORE you shoot. If you should be so incredible lucky (or unlucky....) to get a chance at a stag even close to the national record, you just pass it up.
    The best way are to make up your mind before the hunt, where you set the upper limit (usually based on your wallet size) and tell the guide this.
    A 7-8 kg trophy are actually a pretty big stag and a wonderful trophy. A quick calculation show that the deal actually are pretty good.
    Shooting a 16kg free range red stag are about the same as shooting a 70" kudu! You just cant expect it...

19. Macs B

Macs B AH Veteran

My Photos:
    "Waidmannsheil-born wild" that is a wonderful hirsch.

Gentlemen in an attempt to clarify European hunting to you all I would offer this. The pictured stag would set you back about E 12,000 in Germany, (listed rate) if and only if you were allowed to shoot it. Actual price might well be half of that. If you are going to hunt Europe, you have to be sure that your guide knows what you are willing to pay for and only shoot what you are willing to buy. It is assumed that if your guide gave you a price and you pulled the trigger you were willing to accept the risk of secondary kills, slight variations in the price, and any other risk associated. Your guide was chosen to make the assessment on the hoof, and that is not a job trusted to an amateur hunter. You can trust his years of experience and knowledge. Just remember that when the smoke clears you are the one who pulled the trigger.

The sliding price scale for trophy weight is standard in every European country I have hunted. Some countries add or subtract from the price based on subjective evaluation of the quality of the trophy. The strength of the purlen or dimpling of the mains, the joining of the rosen or bases of the two mains, or the quality of the ivory like tips of the tines can add to the price of a red deer stag in places like Bavaria, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Bulgaria. Penalties can be applied for shooting an animal that is too young or shows too much future promise, and they can be stiff fines often 2x or 2.5x the cost of the trophy.

If you are fortunate enough and have the means to take a national or other record the trophy will stay in the country. Remember that unlike the USA, the wild game of Europe almost always belongs to the state, not the land owner. From our perspective in America that may feel like you are getting ripped off, but in the European perspective they are preserving that trophy for history. It will be prominently displayed and admired for hundreds of years. My own Jager Club still proudly displays the trophies and stories of our members dating back nearly five hundred years. It was my honor to leave a single worthy specimen in that hall after my years in Germany. I visit it each time I return; it is still worth a few drinks at the bar.

Your hunt masters and guides will be completely up front with you regarding prices. The listed price is rarely the charged price since the determination is that of the hunt master. I have personally guided German hunters to 10+ kg Red Deer Stags that were charged out at less than 50 percent of the advertised price. So many factors play into the final pricing it is almost impossible to explain here. I can honestly say that I have only seen one hunter charged the full list price of a trophy, and frankly he was an ass, who when sober made it known that he could buy and sell everyone in the room, and when drunk which was nearly always he was worse.

20. Second Wind

Second Wind AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    by this point, just select 3 - 7 letters, put them together in any given order and I am probably a lifetime member
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, Mexico
    I have read this post from end to end and I do not believe I have ever seen a more complicated pricing system.

But, to summarize I believe what I have learned is that in Europe, you really don't ever know what the hunt is going to cost until you get the bill. That is to say, someone else decides. Further it appears the final judgement is wholly subjective and dependent, apparently from the previous narrative, upon how the person making this decision felt about you personally.

If he didn't like your jokes, your conversation or your table manners you quite possibly will pay more, perhaps much more, at the end of the day.

I will conclude by stating what should be obvious to all, "such methodology does not work where I am from nor will it work where I am going"

I harbor no ill will towards any European outfitter, guide or sponsor and wish them the best of luck for a prosperous operation, however they choose to run it. It is just not something that I could abide.

I have always considered hunting as a gentleman's game and in that a deal is a deal and no one backs up, fudges or slides.

Outfitters, PH's, guides and sponsors are normally quite specific in their expectations of the client and, likewise, we as hunters, are of the same mind toward them and that's they way I believe it should be and from South Texas to Southern Africa I believe that, in most instances, is how it works and has for some time.