Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I looked on the web and found some Nosler suggestions for reloading. However, they are not clear enough for me to use without some further support.

Now, by clear I mean the recipes are presented for Partitions and the Solids as exactly the same. This seems odd to me.

They did not use the H4895 for the 260 gr. Solid load but did for the 300 gr. Solid load. Reasons??

Anyone used these lighter weight Solids? To what effect? Performance?

Other suggestions on recipes?

The goal is for smaller stuff to save some hides from exit wounds, not for dangerous game.

Thanks for your help.

1409865841154.jpeg

1409865851557.jpeg

I think they state that you should start a few grains below max and work up from there. That way you should be safe for that bullet weight. I do not know if the web site shows all the powders that the handbook does. It may be that those are the best performing powders for that bullet weight. Every rifle is different so you have to try a few different loads. That way they sell more stuff.

I understand the sell more stuff angle.

Anyone have the H4895 recipe for the 260 gr Solid then?

My Hornady book has the starting load for the 270 grain bullet at 58.6 grains of H4895 and the max at 68.1. So I would assume you could start at 65 grains and slowly work up. By the way the max gave 2600fps. You should get a little more with the 260 grain bullet. There were other powders that gave 2700fps.

Thanks. I'll give it whirl and see what I get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois